Seven & Ten News (SCA)

IMO they could still go for one better regarding the set. If they could just chuck a vertical plasma to the left side of the set for more angles (or perhaps OTS for the sports presenter), then the set would be a real winner.

Nothing else wrong with the set though.

You get the idea, the vertical plasma could be placed in the drawn area on the side. Nothing much, just to add a bit of ‘depth’ to the set if you get what I mean.

9 Likes

6 Likes

It would be a terrible set… but for a regional market that is damn impressive. Very nicely done.

9 Likes

Great set and even better new promo.

5 Likes

Even copying the current Relentless promo

9 Likes

The more I see it the more impressed I am. Best regional news relaunch in a loooong time

9 Likes

The opener is great but I think the logo animation and background could do with some tweaking. It all comes to a grinding halt too quickly. Seven’s is more delicate with the animation and has more of a zooming effect

16 Likes

The VO could do with a bit of a re do as well.

2 Likes

I agree.

Although Ian “Lofty” Fulton is a great voice for 2GB, Sky News and MasterChef Australia, I’m not too sure whether his dramatic style really works with the music or the Seven News-style “Live from our Tasmanian Headquarters…” line.

5 Likes

How good would it look to see Fraser sitting behind even a photograph of this set (assuming that mainland news production stays in Canberra).

1 Like

Absolutely. Blows its competition right out of the water.

WIN has never (and probably never will) look as good as this.

4 Likes

That coming up sting is mint :ok_hand:

10 Likes

Guess they didn’t get the memo that 7 had changed the headline/breaker straps haha.
Still, what an upgrade!

Mosart, Viz and iNews combo, nice! Network graphic templates can now be easily sent down to them.

1 Like

Includes sport, which is done as a live cross to the Newsroom.

6 Likes
4 Likes

SCN have uploaded their montage.

3 Likes

Thanks @WAtvVideos for uploading the vids, I won’t worry with any more of the caps unless people want anything more specific. Finance, sport and weather were about the only ones left to do.

Overall, really impressed with the upgrade and the new look, a few things to be ironed out and unfortunately a few gremlins at the beginning but a great job with a lot of new things happening tonight. In a few nights it’ll be back into the swing of things.

3 Likes

No sweat, but I think we would all really like to see the first bulletin in HD. You should still upload your recording!

Me too. Easily the best Seven News imitation I’ve ever seen. I reckon if they tweaked the opener a little it would be perfect.

6 Likes

I noticed in the weather quite a bit of extra information now including percentage chance of rain, the temps added to the 4 day forecast and new satellite image overlays.

3 Likes