Seven & Ten News (SCA)

The set size just demonstrates what nine could have done for regional news

15 Likes

Take note on that set Nine Regional…

Obviously the loop looks shit but that’s really Seven’s fault. They should have requested the old pokies loop.

9 Likes

Looks brilliant! Daresay better than the Sydney set haha.
Seems that this package was designed quite a while ago to be using the old headline graphics.
A job well done to SCN!

3 Likes

Nice decision to zoom the opening titles globe on Tasmania. Also good to see the previous title graphics, much preferred to the current ones.

That set looks stunning. Holding back on the blue accents was a very good decision and the size of the set seems appropriate for a regional bulletin. The lighter colours make it appear more spacious as well.

The cherry on top would be a shot of Lonnie on that backdrop.

5 Likes

Small sets can still look great and professional if executed right, and I think Southern Cross Tasmania has nailed it! They’ve gone from the 20th Century to the 21st Century, and the Set looks really well made despite the size restrictions, but they’ve made the most of it, and pulled off a News Set that should last them quite a while. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

The only improvement I can see is to use a Hobart or Launceston live shot backdrop rather than that ugly globe from Seven’s national news bulletins. Otherwise it looks brilliant to me!!

1 Like

Hopefully not another 20 years though :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Unbelievable to think that SC invested in their news in Tasmania while their mainland partner Nine (who’s known for their 21st Century style, modern, International news presentation) could only pull off a cheap green screen for markets which are so much bigger than Tasmania.

Good job SC.

7 Likes

So the theme has changed right?

Wow. Nice clean set!

I thought the logo had a new font?

:joy:

3 Likes

SC are paying Seven 50% so they better get something out of it.

2 Likes

Does the globe animate or is the African continent always in the background?

1 Like

Globe spins around and OTS eventually appeared for a couple of stories.

Back to the random video shot for heading into the weather ad break too.

1 Like

Indeed.

GWN, SC and NBN have the best regional sets IMO. WIN and Nine (Gold Coast and SNSW/ACT, VIC and QLD/Darwin) should take a look.

4 Likes

A few more, more later tonight. The Newsroom background (Hobart studios) changed from the Parliament House pic in the last cap to a subtle sport background for when sport was presented later on.

12 Likes

Looks terrific.

Where does the sports presenter fit on that desk?

4 Likes

About 200km away, not sure how they’ll do sport when it’s from Launceston.

No closer, must have run a little late to sort the issues, it was straight into Home and Away, no opener.

Judging by the caps posted so far, the new look Southern Cross News is 1000% more professional looking than the old version.

My only criticism would be that the “Southern Cross” logo text is a bit inconsistent between the desk and the Opener. But apart from that, Tasmania’s most watched news now appears to look almost as professional as a news bulletin from a mainland capital city (first night gremlins not withstanding)!

6 Likes

It does appear those Supers are recreations rather than the originals from Seven, as the gradients look slightly different, but they look pretty bang on to what Seven currently uses, besides, the average user doesn’t care about those details anyway. :stuck_out_tongue:

The level of detail and professionalism Southern Cross Tasmania has put into the new Set, and in general in terms of Presenters and Presentation is why they are the highest rating News Service in the State, and well deserved. This only boosts their already currently high Status. :slight_smile:

4 Likes