Seven & Ten News (SCA)

Hopefully with this new set and graphics package they will get a new Sunrise Local News backdrop. The supers are from the current Sunrise package, but the backdrop is modeled on the 2004-09 package.

Edit

No, its based off this one.

7 Likes

Nothing new. I’ve seen this happen on a number occasions in the past.

Yes. It would be a worthy addition indeed. Gaffer tape and all! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

They are prerecorded from the night before as I understand it.

They are using the current Sunrise package fully.

4 Likes

Judging by their latest Facebook post there won’t be any changes tonight…

My apologies, though the orange element of that backdrop reminded me a bit of the late-2000s Sunrise logo…

2 Likes

No changes with the updates so far but they haven’t included any graphics I’ve noticed. So changes could still happen at 6. I don’t think I’m going to be able to post anything until later on tonight though sorry, kids are screaming and we have to go out shortly but I’ll be recording.

It seems that the relaunch has been delayed by one day?

3 Likes

8 Likes

Yep, no changes tonight. Same time tomorrow!

1 Like

Although considering how long it’s taken for a Southern Cross News Tasmania relaunch to happen, I’m sure the wait of an extra day (presuming that it isn’t delayed again, of course) will be worth it.

Presumably tonight will also be the final time we’ll get to hear the old Seven News theme (retired by the metros/Regional QLD in Early 2016, Prime7 in Early 2017 and GWN7 News in February this year) in use on a TV news bulletin?

3 Likes

images

5 Likes

Wouldn’t be surprised if they find an excuse to delay it till next week.

3 Likes

I think tomorrow night is in stone now. A little baffled by the slow mo shot of the new set amongst the montage though, unless my eyes were playing tricks?

Yep judging by the montage at the end I would say so ! It was rather interesting seeing some of the past presenters, although also sad as it included the late Kaye Wilkinson who died last year.

5 Likes

I actually received a message earlier this arvo and didn’t realise. :stuck_out_tongue:

There were apparently a few technical issues today which is the reason for no relaunch tonight.

Everything is set for tomorrow night though! :wink::tada:

8 Likes

I hope they’re not putting the hairspray on the pizza :wink:

5 Likes

I hope they keep it, but I doubt they will.
The current Seven News theme is simply too slow

New set sneak peak

10 Likes

Where can I buy some old equipment now😉