Seven & Ten News (SCA)

Did any Tasmanians cap the last ever bulletin from ye olde set? I can record it from VAST tonight but the quality is meh.

1 Like

I’ve got it on the Fetch and can put some screen caps up - including the usual weekend crew typo “WEATHER OUTLLOK”

3 Likes

No. But here is a link to tonight’s bulletin from YouTube. No mention of new set at all.

2 Likes

Yep, no mention on the bulletin at all either.

2 Likes

That’s a shame. Hopefully they’ll have a story tomorrow night with some sneak peeks. It would be nice to see a wide shot of the old set - their camera shots are always so tight you can never get a good idea of the structure.

1 Like

Hopefully more than sneak peeks tomorrow night since it’s meant to be the launch! There was a shot at the end of sport which I just tried to get a cap of which showed past the red column at the end of the world map, probably been used for years but I noticed it more tonight. Can’t get caps at the moment but I’ll get some later on.

1 Like

Of course! I meant for the old set. When GWN7 changed digs they showed us heaps of the old studio

No worries. I’ll record it here anyway so I can make a montage

2 Likes

True, but given the newsrooms were opened that year under the Nine agreement, it would have been a nice little nod. NWS did a “55 years of news” one-hour special - they could have used this as a template to celebrate the re-introduction of television cameras to these locations. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlz5K3qdOJY

Relaunch day!

Here’s last night’s bulletin, I tried to get as many different visual elements as possible and also there’s a lot of repeats to show the flow of the bulletin as well. I did get all the weather because it sounds like that will have a major change too from Murph’s comments in the article posted earlier.

8 Likes

I can’t wait for tomorrow’s outllok!

7 Likes

I think after 20 years of the same set that’s now being held together with gaffer tape and hope, the presenters and BTS staff for the Tasmanian news have earned the right to take hammers and bats to that set. Like the Sunrise team kind of did when Brekky Central was renovated (Kochie smashing a vase he had hated for the past 15-or-so years).

Or at the very least, let them dump some of the pieces into the skip.

7 Likes

That blue map globe thing has definitely seen better days lol. It is very grainy and has specks of what appears to be scratches in it. Definitely can’t wait to see the new look.

2 Likes

There are not many things out there that make a digital broadcast look analogue, but that set pulled it off nicely!

12 Likes

Strange that there is a faint OTS graphic on the current temps capture.

1 Like

They should add the set to a museum of some sort. It deserves to be heritage listed.

1 Like

Montage of the final second last night with Old Faithful:

5 Likes

Set some recordings this morning and just went through them at lunch, haven’t seen a news update yet.

1 Like

Yup, not a single thing from the news room today, only the montage of recent news. I don’t know if local updates were used for sunrise today or not

1 Like

Not sure, I only thought about that afterwards as I don’t watch Sunrise much. I also thought they might be pre-recorded the night before and they usually have a different backdrop anyway I think. I haven’t seen many of them.

Well I have seen Jo on them and considering she does the news of an evening I came to the conclusion they must be pre recorded since it would be extremely early and long day otherwise. But saying that it would also mean they’re running news half a day old… :man_shrugging:

2 Likes