Seven & Ten News (SCA)

I’m guessing the tagline “Look Who’s Had a Facelift” is meant to be a reference to a new look Southern Cross News (different font for the “Southern Cross” text in the logo?), although I can see how it may be misinterpreted…

13 Likes

Southern Cross Shitposting

2 Likes

God the only thing there that needs a facelift there is the god awful SC News logo - in particular the NEWS part which should’ve been the first to go.

4 Likes

Updates still using the old set, but if that was moved a while ago I guess they could be in the same building?

Nope, the 1000 year old set remains

5 Likes

TBH, if it had been two male presenters with that tagline, I don’t think anyone would’ve given a damn.

Regardless that tagline is pretty tacky, wonder how much thought went into it. Perhaps Now in High Definition or New Look, Same Trusted Team.

7 Likes

Yes exactly. The woman is the one displaying her own antiquated bias rather than SC.

8 Likes

They don’t have male presenters as their main presenters, Jo and Rachael are the two main presenters. Although they could stick Murph up there and people could make some jokes for him.

It just goes to show, even Tassie isn’t immune from the current wave of bullshit from the left. I’m surprised the name Southern Cross hasn’t been attacked for representing “masculine patriotism!”

1 Like

Get a grip mate. Got sweet FA to do any political leanings (yours are clearly to the right, that’s the only obvious thing from all this). Got a lot to do with a poor choice of promo wording from SC TAS.

4 Likes

Not really. I position myself by taking the good and ignoring the bad from both sides of the spectrum, but I usually lean left. Depends what you mean by “poor choice” really. Can we write it off as just a tacky attempt to highlight a new style bulletin with literally no more thought put into it, or does it take a certain someone to begin drawing comparisons between men and women and start making it out to be a politically-fuelled attempt at offending people?

1 Like

Sorry if I misinterpreted you. Never heard anyone outside of right wingers use the term “bullshit from the left”, hence the suggestion.
It’s a tacky attempt to highlight a new style bulletin, anyone looking further into it is reading way too much into it.

Yeah it’s pretty rare because so many people stick to their sides and don’t allow themselves to think critically. I’m seeing more division on the left than I’ve ever seen before. Maybe we can have a chat about that in another thread? I’m always willing to discuss and learn from all sides of politics.

That’s exactly what I thought, then I saw the FB comments. Talk about overreacting.

Don’t generalise.

It’s an overreaction in this instance but a lot of feminist critiques of society are spot on, especially with relation to power-relations between men and women in the media and entertainment industry.

4 Likes

Just an update I received. The new look will launch on 13 March (that’s if anyone still really cares, that is! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:).

8 Likes

2018?

10 Likes

5 Likes

Considering we were hearing Graphics/Set changes were imminent early last year, glad to hear it’s finally happening if that date is concrete, hopefully a logo change is also on the cards too.

4 Likes

To be exact it was July 2017 that details started emerging on social media about a refresh, we are now at the end of February 2018. One would hope since they have had this long that it isn’t just 7 Melbourne’s old set.

1 Like

Judging by the “Look Who’s Had a Facelift” billboard, there’s going to be only a minimal change to the logo.

I think there’s actually been rumours about a Southern Cross News relaunch as far back as 2015 (and possibly earlier)? :open_mouth:

3 Likes