Seven & Ten News (SCA)

Jared Coote was a legend

1 Like

The noodle updates. All of the presenters double as producers as well. Each bulletin is basically an one-person-show with the presenter also sourcing stories, writing scripts and possibly doing some of the editing (not 100% sure on the normal arrangements for editing).
I’d say Chester and Nicole alternate between shifts rather than the regions they present - one person is more than capable of handling those 3 markets solo.

In reality 4 staff is probabaly a more than they really need to run the bulletins they have left - but they’d be in trouble if they only had 3 staff and someone get sick or wanted holidays.

3 Likes

I don’t see a problem with 4. Fraser focuses on the SA bulletin and is a fill-in backup. The other three rotate.

The way it was phrased by others made it seem that Chester and Nicole were the presenters/story producers with Alison as the overarching producer that filled in on occasion. But they’re all actually on the same level?

No, Ali is the News Director, so she is oversees what all the other staff in the news room do. I don’t believe she has a role as a producer individual updates (apart from those she presents of course) as that is left to the individual presenters to produce their own work.
My point was in relation to the question of what Nicole is producer for.

That’s taken way out of context without the second half of my sentence.
My point was that based on the previous workload of the noodle update presenters (where they would be responsible for around 30 updates per day) - the work could be covered by 3 people.
Fraser - SA bulletin
Chester or Nicole - noodle updates
Ali - director and backup.
However, once you allow for sick leave, holidays and early/late shifts, a 4th person makes everything run smoother.

Add another job to Nicole’s day:

1 Like

Nice to see them further developing the bulletin. Hopefully a local backdrop is on the cards to replace the news exchange.

My only critique of Nicole’s weather is that she’s too static. Some “talk with your hands” and fake looking/pointing at items she’s reading. But that will surely come with time. Nonetheless a pleasant addition to the bulletin and well read.

3 Likes

Central Updates

4 Likes

I’d say Nicole is the regular for the Channel 9 Tasmania updates. Chester and to a lesser extent Alison are the fill-ins.

Nicole is probably one of the best newsreaders they have currently on the updates. Not a fan of Chester to be honest. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I actually think Alison is the best reader they have, but Nicole is definitely a close second.

3 Likes

Chester is back doing the updates tonight:

2 Likes

Because it isn’t a school night.

17 Likes

Another one:

:thinking:

Not to mention “Austism”

6 Likes

Guess who’s back, back again
Chester’s back, tell a friend
Guess who’s back, guess who’s back
Guess who’s back, guess who’s back

7 Likes

Don’t get me wrong, he’s not as bad as say former SC10 newsreaders Keiran Deck or Sam Hunt even. Kieran in particular never really improved during the lengthy period I saw him reading the updates (not even sure where he is now to be honest).

2 Likes

I disagree.
I think Chester Ward is the 2nd worst SCA noodle update presenter I’ve seen.
Closely behind Sarah Bannerman.

Keiran is still in Canberra. He’s the MD for Echo Sports Network (ESN)

1 Like

Really? I don’t remember seeing Sarah presenting so can’t comment on her work, but Keiran was definitely far worse than Chester. I saw young Chester present a few updates yesterday and he wasn’t as bad as the last time I saw him. But there’s plenty of room for improvement though!

Haha…
On the topic of Sarah Bannerman I just found this funny exchange about her - posted (for some weird reason) on the WIN News Cairns facebook page.

2 Likes

Of particular note, pay attention to the eyebrows and the inflection at the end of every sentence!

3 Likes