Seven & Ten News (SCA)

To be simple, “Live in HD across Tasmania, this is Southern Cross News with Jo Palmer.”

2 Likes

Or even simpler “Good evening, welcome to Southern Cross News, I’m Jo Palmer”

7 Likes

Could this major refresh for Southern Cross News, also signal changes for the Southern across Brand, i.e: New logo or On-Air Presentation? Haven’t they used the Star logo since 2004-2005?

2 Likes

Simpler again, “I’m”

6 Likes

Oh, like the former introduction style in the early 90s.

2 Likes

Maybe something like this?

4 Likes

The Seven and SCTV logos don’t really blend naturally, especially when you want to keep the SCTV logo prominent. The best that I can think of would be this.

SCTV is a very strong brand in Tasmania, I doubt that SCA would want to compromise that by introducing Seven branding, jointly or straight.

7 Likes

(As previously discussed in the SCTV thread) it’d save money by not having to re-brand promos, as presumably - like Prime7 do - purely 7-branded promos would air, so the co-branding would be seen less often than their current brand is.

Plus it’s just odd right now with their secondary channels being branded 7TWO & 7mate, so why not just go the rest of the way?
Doing so hasn’t done Prime7’s ratings any harm, and I’m sure the same arguments about decades of viewer association with the standalone brand & regional viewers being parochial could also have been made about the legacy Prime network branding.

4 Likes

Studio.

Hmm… interesting guesses there. All will be revealed soon enough. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

You could be right there. :grin:

That’s Andy for you. Has decades of experience after all. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I can just imagine it also. :sunglasses:

SCB (SCA) rebranded to the current star logo across the network in June 2005.

As for a new logo, I would say unlikely at this time. A refresh of the on-air presentation might occur early next year I reckon as the ‘Always’ presentation has been in use for a few years now (2014 I think?).

4 Likes

Southern Cross version of the 24/7 News promo from Seven currently airing.

News update featuring local Sunrise promo.

3 Likes

NBN is/was a huge brand in NNSW, yet when the station lost its on-air local identity after nearly 50 years (now branded as Nine apart from the news), it seems viewers barely noticed!

That said, there’s obviously a reason they haven’t rebranded their news to align it with the other Nine O&O stations.

1 Like

Wow, in HD too.

1 Like

12 posts were split to a new topic: SCN Mocks. Please keep mocks and discussion of them in the correct area.

If memory serves, someone mentioned that Southern Cross News SA is produced from the Canberra studios. With the looming final handover of NRN, will the SA news remain in Canberra in the near future, or could it potentially be shifted to Launceston so that news production can be streamlined from one studio?

1 Like

And by that quote, it means the master control and news operations. Ownership change occured last June, if memory serves me right.

1 Like

…yeah, I don’t think that is going to happen. Good idea though.

BREAKING: Tim Hatfield has just announced tomorrow is his last night anchoring Southern Cross News SA. His time at as chief of staff and anchor has seen the bulletin grow massively across the Spencer Gulf and Broken Hill. Living in the region it is hard to find someone who doesn’t know his name or tell me they do n’t watch the bulletin which still is the only regional news bulletin in SA. Tim has lead SC News SA on social media growing its reach from 1000 followers to well over 15,000. Whoever fills his spot has big shoes to fill.

13 Likes

Always good to have people from the industry posting here and best of luck for whatever is next, Tim.

10 Likes

Hopefully he’s still browsing the forums, good luck with the future Tim, you’ve made quite a difference and really helped bring regional news to the forefront and show that the region doesn’t have to be big to have a level of quality.

2 Likes

Hope he gives us kids a shoutout tomorrow night.

18 Likes