Seven & Ten News (SCA)

2 Likes

TDT9 had Ali Drower presenting the updates yesterday. Haven’t seen her for a while.

1 Like

She also presented Sunshine Coast yesterday.

3 Likes

I think Ali’s presenting because I believe Nicole Johnstone has moved to present Northern NSW updates for Ten as Tom Moldoveanu is going to WIN News Townsville.

1 Like

The Cairns region will tonight be receiving their last ever “Local News Headlines” ahead of the launch of 9 News FNQ on Monday!

7 Likes

And first local news in HD. Test stuff I was watching today looked good. Very exciting!

3 Likes

I really hope 9 don’t mess this up in QLD!
I’m excited to have both major TV networks providing news bulletins to local areas, and think everything will go well, just as long as they don’t go heavy on their fake “major investigation” crap and have at least a part-way decent set!

7 Likes

I wouldn’t hold my breath… Would be a pleasant surprise though.

3 Likes

@Read_It_First Any hints if we will get a proper set for the QLD local bulletins? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Same as everywhere else.
Get your first look Monday.

5 Likes

Looks exactly the same as the others

Well that’s a real shame.
I was hoping 9 would at least put some effort in to try and match 7!

4 Likes

I would not expect that one for me, cause I’m 99.99% sure they’ll just go “ACA-style” in presentation: Chroma Key on a single plasma in a former ACA/Extra studio in QTQ Brisbane.

Well, at least, it’s gonna be 9 News vs. WIN News in the QLD battle, while Seven remains untouched in the top spot.

Thanks for the info!
Shame though :frowning:

1 Like

7 do need to smarten up a bit. The projector needs a new bulb … the city image in winter is pretty much just black now. The set needs a bit of a refresh too.

3 Likes

I do agree that there is room for improvement from 7, in Townsville they’re still using the broad daylight summer backdrop even though it’s dark outside, the set does need a refresh, etc.

But, I was hoping to really see 9 News step in as major competition to 7 News, not just step in as a more polished version of WIN News!

3 Likes

If 9 News can’t do a real set (for whatever reason) it would have been nice if they had at least set up a few live cameras in each city and actually showed a live city shot to each location on the green screen.

Rather than each city looking at a static generic background image.

1 Like

The fact that they apparently have the old Melbourne news set, but aren’t using it, astonishes me.

4 Likes