Seven & Ten News (SCA)

Rather interesting to see Southern Cross Tasmania do Local News Updates during Sunrise. Whether they’re live or pre-recorded (I suspect the latter), personally I think more regional stations should consider doing this!

6 Likes

Prime7 does/used to do this for Canberra, Newcastle, Wollongong, Ballarat, Bendigo and Gippsland. Pre-recorded the evening before.

3 Likes

I suspect so - I doubt Jo is working both ends of the day.

2 Likes

Even if it is pre-recorded, they’ve gone into more effort than pretty much any other regional station in producing such an update. Or any metro station outside of Perth for that matter.

9 Likes

Southern Cross SA does them too, breaded as the show thought not as a part Sunrise.

1 Like

no prime 7 news for bendigo balllarat and gispland i already said this b4

[quote=“webguy, post:474, topic:239, full:true”]
I suspect so - I doubt Jo is working both ends of the day.[/quote]Could be wrong, but I suspect they would be pre-recorded the evening before. I doubt Jo would be doing local 6am updates.

[quote=“pelican, post:475, topic:239, full:true”]
Even if it is pre-recorded, they’ve gone into more effort than pretty much any other regional station in producing such an update. Or any metro station outside of Perth for that matter.[/quote]Oh, definitely. It’s a great thing to see from them IMO.

2 Likes

Wow who knew SC and Prime7 did local updates in Sunrise.

At 45 seconds they are pretty short and must be played in place of commercials rather than in the show. Perhaps they run when the larger stations run traffic updates?

Regardless would be nice to see these play INSIDE the show with a toss from kochie and Sam (now here’s you local news where you are) and at least 2-3 minutes to get local news and weather for the day)

1 Like

key phrase :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

In Prime7’s case, they’ve done it for years

Do they play in the commercial breaks? And are they mentioned as "prime7 Sunrise updates"
Or just play like an update with no mention of Sunrise or mornings / breakfast tv. Do they feature weather?

Wow! I had no idea SCA Tas was doing these.
How awesome.

Pre-recorded the night before seems most logical.

Solid effort there from SCA, and good implementation of the proper Sunrise supers, and background

4 Likes

They’re on during the breaks, I don’t remember the weather being presented until a bit later in the morning

[quote=“DJPizarro, post:481, topic:239, full:true”]
In Prime7’s case, they’ve done it for years
[/quote]SC used to do them around a decade ago before they suddenly stopped them. Since the middle of last year they have started airing them again.

1 Like

So Tasmania, Perth, Canberra, Wollongong and Newcastle all receive local news in Sunrise in some form.

But Adelaide, Gold Coast, Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne do not.

Sunrise should work with the stations in each city and offer a 2 minute window at :10 and :40 past each hour to allow stations to insert a live or pre recorded news & weather update.

This way it would not take away from commercial revenue in ad breaks

4 Likes

For those of you suffering withdrawal symptoms from the loss of “Local News Headlines” Updates on SCA Nine since the introduction of regional Nine News bulletins, here’s some bad spelling and grammar on the flipper during today’s “Ten Local News Updates” on SCA Ten in Northern NSW! :confused:

9 Likes

I miss playing “spot the typo” on the noodle updates :sleepy:

6 Likes

Malcom

Malcolm or a new series of mal.com?

2 Likes

I think that guy’s name is Tom Moldoveanu. He’s new to SCA.

1 Like

Yep, that’s him!

1 Like