Seven & Ten News (SCA)

[quote=“crankymedia, post:327, topic:239, full:true”]Paula Anstey on the weather ^ must be where Jacqui Lambie gets her ‘style’ from.

Thanks for sharing, good laughs, interesting.
[/quote]Shit quality but. :slightly_smiling_face:

I wonder where Paula is these days? I have very little recorded content of her and haven’t seen her in decades. :thinking:

1 Like

Some caps of Southern Cross Network News Tas (SCN) from the early '90s with Kaye Wilkinson, Steve Titmus and Peter Murphy.

3 Likes

Although plain - the set has aged very well… it doesn’t look any worse (or better) than in the 90s.

2 Likes

Do you have the video to the above clips loaded anywhere? Cheers.

Do we know what Kaye is up to these days?

Not sure about Kaye but Kim Millar popped up over the weekend doing updates from the Deloraine Craft Fair.

[quote=“Alista, post:332, topic:239, full:true”]Do we know what Kaye is up to these days?
[/quote]I remember reading a few years ago that she’s now a Civil Celebrant.

You may know this, but former WIN News Tas presenter Tom Payne is also a Celebrant these days, and has been for many years (actually saw him on the news a couple of weeks ago).

[quote=“LFD459, post:331, topic:239, full:true”]
Do you have the video to the above clips loaded anywhere? Cheers.[/quote]No, I don’t. When I get the chance I’ll upload some stuff.

[quote=“ando9185, post:333, topic:239, full:true”]
Not sure about Kaye but Kim Millar popped up over the weekend doing updates from the Deloraine Craft Fair.[/quote]She does various TV business marketing things these days.

1 Like

Britt Aylen presented this weekends weather for the first time

3 Likes

Southern Cross News on location last week

That’s pretty old fashioned weather graphics they’re using.

One of the ‘headlines’ on bottom of the screen during the Canberra Local News: “New salmon hatchery opens in Tasmania”. The Nine originated news can’t come quick enough!!

5 Likes

They’re still newer than the set! Think these graphics are only 10 or so years old so not too bad. I think they had a slight tweak when the number of forecasts changed from only 6 (2 screens of 3) to 15 (5 screens of 3, the BoM went from only 6 forecasts to over 70 for the state). Apart from that and the picture going into the break going from being a random shot around Tasmania to being the image from the webcam in Hobart, there’s not much else that has changed.

1 Like

At least they got the spelling correct. Baby steps…

2 Likes

The graphics package the weather graphics are based on is the one that Seven implemented in late 2010/early 2011. Not quite ten years old yet.

2 Likes

[quote=“Radiohead, post:337, topic:239, full:true”]
That’s pretty old fashioned weather graphics they’re using.[/quote]You think? :stuck_out_tongue:

When you’re No.1 by a ridiculous amount year after year you tend not to care too much. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

[quote=“littlegezzybear, post:338, topic:239, full:true”]
One of the ‘headlines’ on bottom of the screen during the Canberra Local News: “New salmon hatchery opens in Tasmania”. The Nine originated news can’t come quick enough!![/quote]Not surprised. I’ve seen local Qld and NSW story headlines on the SCA ‘Local News Headlines’ flipper for Tas on previous occasions that are completely irrelevant and not of national intertest to make it to state updates/bulletins.

Too bad Tasmania will miss out on the planned new 9 Local News services early next year and continue to be subjected to these horror show ‘updates well into the future’.

2 Likes

Those Tassie Two Heads are probably just glad that they can watch TV in colour still.

4 Likes

Haha, how original! @ando9185 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Southern Cross News Tasmania’s current On-Air Presentation package was first used on July 4, 2011 as per this upload from @ando9185:

Of course, they were/are heavily based on Seven News’ February 14, 2011 to August 20, 2012 graphics package.

4 Likes

Good guy that bloke, even if he does make me look like a bit of a goose on here at times.

3 Likes

Sam Hunt presenting Southern Cross News SA tonight. His last official duty for Southern Cross before moving into a new duty as a Political Advisor.