Seven & Ten News (SCA)

I honestly don’t know how Chris did that. Magic? :wink::stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

They could use it for advertising. “Only Southern Cross News can be everywhere at once…”

1 Like

Classic! :smiley:

And yes, I still remember something similar happening during a Seven News Sydney bulletin around August 2012 (I think)!

1 Like

Something WIN doesn’t have to worry about, as they wouldn’t know a live or ‘live’ cross. :yum:

2 Likes

Whoops [insert ad-break here]. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Interesting weather icon. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Was that globe backdrop previously used at Ten? It looks VERY similar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsJ3Sgf0xAA

No, it came from SCN Bendigo in the early 90s.

1 Like

SC: at the cutting edge of news graphics since the early 90s, and very much still there.

6 Likes

I’d like to place bets it is Ten’s globe backdrop from 1992, or at least VERY inspired by

5 Likes

It’s not, it’s from SCN Bendigo, as I said before. You can see it here in 1994…:

then here in Tassie in 1996…

can anybody else see the links? they come up in the preview but not in my post???
if you can’t see them look up on you tube;
Parts of “SCN News At Six” - Final Edition (BCV/GLV 8 - 1994)
TNT9 Southern Cross Nightly News Intro 1996

Definitely the one same on News at Six. Even looks like the same desk.

Obviously the Southern Cross News set was based off the metro Ten version at the time…

Anyway, definitely the oldest news set in Australia.

7 Likes

I agree, the Southern Cross News set definitely would’ve been heavily based off the sets that Ten Eyewitness News used circa 1992, if it wasn’t made by the exact same designers/company as the Ten metropolitan versions.

1 Like

New Nine regional news from February.

http://forums.mediaspy.org/t/nine-southern-cross/1198/1674?u=littlegezzybear

1 Like

Despite having the intro and music from Seven News the sets and many of the stories for years came from Ten News and even I think well into the 2000’s they were still crediting Ten News at the end of the bulletin despite having shifted to being only (or mostly) Seven content for the national content.

1 Like

Maybe because the Ten stuff was done earlier, given that the bulletin was at 5 not 6?

Ah yeah, had forgotten about that. Comms definitely weren’t as instant back then as now. Now the bulletin can go from Launnie to Melbourne to Canberra and back to Launnie and Hobart instantly. Not bad.

[quote=“ando9185, post:322, topic:239, full:true”]
the stories for years came from Ten News and even I think well into the 2000’s they were still crediting Ten News at the end of the bulletin despite having shifted to being only (or mostly) Seven content for the national content.
[/quote]SC Tas were still crediting Ten up until late last year despite having not sourced any news content from them for many, many years. Not quite sure why it took them so long to fix it…

[quote=“SA_TV, post:323, topic:239, full:true”]Maybe because the Ten stuff was done earlier, given that the bulletin was at 5 not 6?
[/quote]You always knew when it was content scourced from Ten because more often than not they left the stories intact (including metro supers, reporter signoffs etc.) Seven sourced content on the other hand was always edited by SC.

1997 promo endtag.

The set from 1997. Here’s a much younger looking Jo and Rob.

5 Likes

Paula Anstey on the weather ^ must be where Jacqui Lambie gets her ‘style’ from.

Thanks for sharing, good laughs, interesting.

9 Likes