Seven & Ten News (SCA)

Yesterday’s North QLD Local News Headlines

Ever wanted too see what the Southern Cross News Canberra News Centre/Studios looked like. Check out this clip Tim Hatfield posted on Friday.

The Canberra News Centre is where all TDT, Southern Cross 9 updates are made and produced as well as Southern Cross News SA.

2 Likes

Make sure your volume is turned right up. Can’t hear that young whippersnapper.

2 Likes

I see the person in charge of the Facebook page (whoever that must be?? :smirk:) is in complete denial about the shit audio :joy:

Super awkward appearance by Sam Hunt in this video: https://www.facebook.com/SCNewsSA/videos/1004473532984611/

1 Like

But what was more awkward?

• Sam Hunt interrupting
  • Timbo’s new tie
0 voters
2 Likes

Sam Hunt’s jumper was pretty awkward too!

4 Likes

The light bouncing off Tim’s shiny forehead wasn’t awkward at all? Perhaps the tie budget should be cut in favour of an investment in makeup.

1 Like

Apologies to Sammy’s knit - the poll cannot be edited, even with admin powers!

1 Like

SCA will be drawing some inspiration from Seven for their next campaign:

13 Likes

That full stop makes me think back to that cracker door slamming promo 7 had in 2014

If anyone could find the parody of it, that would be fantastic :grinning:

1 Like
3 Likes

Is it just me, or can you faintly hear someone talking in the background at the very start of the update? :confused:

3 Likes

Yes I heard it too.

Yeah, I can hear someone too now that you mention it

My recording didn’t work but it looks like Jo Palmer had a coughing fit or similar on tonight’s Tasmanian bulletin with Peter Murphy taking over the bulletin and reading the rest of the news as well as doing his usual weather. He also included regular updates about Jo and that she’d be returning to do the updates later.

The SCTV News website has been updated and shows Jo doing the first few stories and then Pete doing others afterwards. There was a post on the Southern Cross Tasmania facebook page giving an update too. Would have been an interesting time with a possible quick ad break and a “you’re up Pete!” and straight in the chair.

Wonder if EyewitnessTV managed to get it or someone else.

I’ve managed to record it, she had a coughing fit very briefly caught at the end of a story introduction about two reports in, presented the next introduction with a very croaky voice then Peter Murphy appearing on screen following that report mentioning Jo had been sent off with a ‘very sore throat.’

Ironically the coughing fit happened during a flu report.

8 Likes

Yeah I tuned in about 6:30 and thought it was odd that Peter Murphy was reading and then he gave an update about Jo but I thought that was just him being himself, Was good to see him in that position though, I think he’s read the news before (likely with more notice) but it’s very rare for him.

Still a better backdrop than Seven News.

4 Likes

[quote=“ando9185, post:260, topic:239, full:true”]
My recording didn’t work but it looks like Jo Palmer had a coughing fit or similar on tonight’s Tasmanian bulletin with Peter Murphy taking over the bulletin and reading the rest of the news as well as doing his usual weather. He also included regular updates about Jo and that she’d be returning to do the updates later.

Wonder if EyewitnessTV managed to get it or someone else.[/quote]

[quote=“CQtvNetwork, post:261, topic:239, full:true”]
I’ve managed to record it, she had a coughing fit very briefly caught at the end of a story introduction about two reports in, presented the next introduction with a very croaky voice then Peter Murphy appearing on screen following that report mentioning Jo had been sent off with a ‘very sore throat.’

Ironically the coughing fit happened during a flu report.[/quote]Jo has quite a record of having coughing fits live on air over the past couple years (she had one earlier this year too). She should really think about taking some time off whenever she catches the flu to avoid these ‘incidents’ happening. :grin::yum:

Here’s a video I have of a coughing fit she had in July last year.

[quote=“eddel, post:263, topic:239, full:true”]
Still a better backdrop than Seven News.[/quote]If it ain’t broke is Southern Cross’ thinking. :wink:

2 Likes