Seven & Ten News (SCA)

Not to mention that it’s pretty common for networks to have sponsors for News/Sport/Weather Updates. For instance, all three major metropolitan commercial networks recently had (and possibly still have) a certain car company as the sponsor of their 8.30pm News Updates.

How come those graphics in the report don’t have any likeness to Southern Cross News current Presentation? Separate part from the News Service, or just to look more presentable?

because this way the broadcaster gets local content points and clients’ dollars at the same time… bonus.

2 Likes

to differentiate it as paid content perhaps

1 Like

Not if you can’t actually read the information on screen. The text is way too small especially for a SD broadcast.

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Nine − Southern Cross Affiliation Deal

@EyewitnessTV If my memory serves me correctly, it was you who asked for a clip of the current presenter of the NQ/CQ updates. I still believe she is better than Sam Hunt and Keiran Deck, not by much though. I’ve included a recent video of Sam presenting TDT updates for comparison.

@NQCQTV2 Is this the presenter you were referring to?

1 Like

Judging by that clip, I think Sarah Bannerman has the potential to become an OK newsreader with a bit more time and training.

2 Likes

Where do Southern Cross Ten air these short news updates?, do they mostly show them during the afternoon or evening?

From around Lunchtime til around Midnight.

3 Likes

Thanks for that clip. She isn’t too bad IMO, just needs more time at it as SydneyCityTV has mentioned. I’ve seen plenty of Sam Hunt though, as he is quite the regular via the TDT updates which I get to see daily. He is the worst of the current bunch of readers they utilise no doubt about that one.

1 Like

It probably varies from market to market, but I’ve mostly seen them in the afternoon and evening hours…

1 Like

The airing of the TDT updates are usually one late mornings, four during the afternoons and five during the evenings. This can vary on some days though with no morning and fewer afternoon and evening updates.

2 Likes

His Twitter says he’s ‘Chief of Staff at Southern Cross Ten’ so I guess it’s a case of floating around between spots as needed.

Meanwhile Jarred Coote’s Twitter says; “Canberra it has been fun - two weeks and I’m signing off” so I guess he’s leaving.

2 Likes

Yeah, Jared Coote is leaving.

I won’t (and probably can’t) say exactly who’ll be replacing him yet, but I will say that the person in question is not exactly a newcomer to the Canberra media landscape… :wink:

Yeah, that’s her!
That’s probably one of the best performances i’ve seen from her!
She’s had a few doozies before

God, the thought of these people anchoring a full local news bulletin is scary. Hopefully SC plans to bring in some more experienced talent if they are going to substantially grow their local news service under some sort of Nine Local News brand.

4 Likes

I’ve also seen him reporting on the SC South Australian bulletin in the past, he is also the main fill in for Tim Hatfield.

I’m hoping with Nine and SC’s grand announcement that they will be working together to better utilize each other for news - that these 2 minute noodle updates at least become 3-4 minute updates and they are imbedded in the 6pm news hour with hosts in Sydney Brisbane and Melbourne throwing to them.

“For our Sydney viewers we’ll be back after this break, for everyone else - we cross now to your local newsroom for your local news and weather”

I agree.

SCA needs to sign up some presenters/reporters currently on WIN/Seven QLD/Prime7 for any new local news services for their soon to be Nine-affiliated stations. Familiar faces to regional audiences can drive the new news bulletin to success, I somehow doubt that most of SC10’s current news update presenters are capable of that…

1 Like