Seven & Ten News (SCA)

Southern Cross version of the 24/7 News promo from Seven currently airing.

News update featuring local Sunrise promo.

3 Likes

NBN is/was a huge brand in NNSW, yet when the station lost its on-air local identity after nearly 50 years (now branded as Nine apart from the news), it seems viewers barely noticed!

That said, there’s obviously a reason they haven’t rebranded their news to align it with the other Nine O&O stations.

1 Like

Wow, in HD too.

1 Like

12 posts were split to a new topic: SCN Mocks. Please keep mocks and discussion of them in the correct area.

If memory serves, someone mentioned that Southern Cross News SA is produced from the Canberra studios. With the looming final handover of NRN, will the SA news remain in Canberra in the near future, or could it potentially be shifted to Launceston so that news production can be streamlined from one studio?

1 Like

And by that quote, it means the master control and news operations. Ownership change occured last June, if memory serves me right.

1 Like

…yeah, I don’t think that is going to happen. Good idea though.

BREAKING: Tim Hatfield has just announced tomorrow is his last night anchoring Southern Cross News SA. His time at as chief of staff and anchor has seen the bulletin grow massively across the Spencer Gulf and Broken Hill. Living in the region it is hard to find someone who doesn’t know his name or tell me they do n’t watch the bulletin which still is the only regional news bulletin in SA. Tim has lead SC News SA on social media growing its reach from 1000 followers to well over 15,000. Whoever fills his spot has big shoes to fill.

13 Likes

Always good to have people from the industry posting here and best of luck for whatever is next, Tim.

10 Likes

Hopefully he’s still browsing the forums, good luck with the future Tim, you’ve made quite a difference and really helped bring regional news to the forefront and show that the region doesn’t have to be big to have a level of quality.

2 Likes

Hope he gives us kids a shoutout tomorrow night.

18 Likes

Tim gearing up for his final bulletin

11 Likes

He is everything I want in a noodle update presenter and more.

4 Likes

Looks like we may yet see him on 7 News Adelaide.

6 Likes

Chester Ward filling in tonight on Southern Cross News SA

1 Like

Chester Ward?

Jesus, what a massive downgrade.

2 Likes

Tim Hatfield’s last full bulletin: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKw1Iyx9ggo

Isn’t Chester the guy I assume isn’t a 12 year old reading the noodle updates? If so, wowsers!

4 Likes

He’s this guy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcbydVX2S00

1 Like

He’s also presenting Sunshine Coast updates for this week - the last market to receive them in Queensland.

7 Likes