Seven & Ten News (SCA)

4 Likes

I hope that’s from an on air package and not something a journo with a great eye for design made up for social media.

7 Likes

Why use a different font for “News” versus the rest? Otherwise, extremely polished by SCA’s typical standards.

2 Likes

7 Central version. Map is zoomed out to include all of Central’s footprint:

4 Likes

If only they could use the Seven news music like Prime7 does. It already looks 100x better than before and it would only get better with proper Seven music.

2 Likes

If they’re not going to use the Seven theme, I think the SA theme would be the perfect replacement to the old noodle update sting.

3 Likes

Does it show Tasmania, part of which is in the 7 Central licence area?

1 Like

Good find. Drawing up a scathing letter to SCA executives right now. :smile:

Surprised the Tassie team let it go to air like that actually.

3 Likes

Tonight’s Evening updates:

11 Likes

How long have Southern Cross been producing these local 7 news Updates in Darwin?

1 Like

Who writes these things?

“I’ll see you in a little bit with more news”
Not to mention saying “Hi” at the start.

And the production values on the 7 updates are just awful.

They could easily be so much better.

5 Likes

I’m sure the 3 viewers they have in Tasmania are outraged at being left out :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

At least 5 years now, as Southern Cross news updates up until a month ago.

What do you guys think of Alex Sykes?

Do the updates on SC7 Tasmania and SC7 GTS/BKN have the same branding and backdrop? I assume Alex doesn’t do the 7 Tas updates as she would then be appearing on both 7 and 9 in that market…

I thought Darwin and Central had shared news updates (or is this still the case, but these recordings are different bulletins)? The cities on the weather map are identical.

I haven’t seen many Central updates, but they seem very NT-centric. What’s the chances of a story from Weipa or Ceduna featuring?

On the eye? :ok_hand:

She’s pretty good as a presenter. Intros need work obviously, and she still comes across as new to the role, but I think she’s on the right track. Quite professional.

5 Likes

Still miss Jared Cootsy and Sammy Hunt :tired_face:

2 Likes

New to the role?
Alex has been newsreading in one form or another for over 18 months.

Compared to a year ago, this is infinitely better. Still some tweaks to be made, but the shift to Hobart, and fresh minds, have done the world of good.

7 Likes

I said she comes across as new to the role.