Seven & Ten News (SCA)

Even copying the current Relentless promo

9 Likes

The more I see it the more impressed I am. Best regional news relaunch in a loooong time

9 Likes

The opener is great but I think the logo animation and background could do with some tweaking. It all comes to a grinding halt too quickly. Seven’s is more delicate with the animation and has more of a zooming effect

16 Likes

The VO could do with a bit of a re do as well.

2 Likes

I agree.

Although Ian “Lofty” Fulton is a great voice for 2GB, Sky News and MasterChef Australia, I’m not too sure whether his dramatic style really works with the music or the Seven News-style “Live from our Tasmanian Headquarters…” line.

5 Likes

How good would it look to see Fraser sitting behind even a photograph of this set (assuming that mainland news production stays in Canberra).

1 Like

Absolutely. Blows its competition right out of the water.

WIN has never (and probably never will) look as good as this.

4 Likes

That coming up sting is mint :ok_hand:

10 Likes

Guess they didn’t get the memo that 7 had changed the headline/breaker straps haha.
Still, what an upgrade!

Mosart, Viz and iNews combo, nice! Network graphic templates can now be easily sent down to them.

1 Like

Includes sport, which is done as a live cross to the Newsroom.

6 Likes
4 Likes

SCN have uploaded their montage.

3 Likes

Thanks @WAtvVideos for uploading the vids, I won’t worry with any more of the caps unless people want anything more specific. Finance, sport and weather were about the only ones left to do.

Overall, really impressed with the upgrade and the new look, a few things to be ironed out and unfortunately a few gremlins at the beginning but a great job with a lot of new things happening tonight. In a few nights it’ll be back into the swing of things.

3 Likes

No sweat, but I think we would all really like to see the first bulletin in HD. You should still upload your recording!

Me too. Easily the best Seven News imitation I’ve ever seen. I reckon if they tweaked the opener a little it would be perfect.

6 Likes

I noticed in the weather quite a bit of extra information now including percentage chance of rain, the temps added to the 4 day forecast and new satellite image overlays.

3 Likes

When you’re upgrading from an incredibly outdated set/graphics/playout systems to a state of the art HD look with full animated graphics and everything, it would probably be a little surprising if there wasn’t the odd glitch or two on Night 1.

I’m sure the bugs will be ironed out over the coming days/weeks as you said.

I think the weather is now fully animated too? Not too sure if they’re using WeatherScape XT (the majority of Australian broadcasters have leant towards this system in recent years) or something else, but the presentation definitely looks a lot more fluid than the old look! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have a couple of observations…

As good as that backdrop looks, why are they using the national backdrop for a local news service? Why aren’t they using a Tassie backdrop?

That spelling mistake on the first opener in the headline is embarrassing and should never have happened.

The fact they are using the headline graphics from prior to the current ones 7 uses, shows how long this relaunch has been in the works.

I’m really glad they’ve adopted these headline graphics. They are much better than the ones 7 has moved to.

Finally, has Jo always talked soooooo slow?.. It’s rather frustrating. Reminds me of Jane Bunn, and not in a good way.

PS was there no closer??

I am not home to Catch the bulletin but was wondering if the seven sourced content was in native HD. Hopefully other HD programming comes through soon.

I wondered that, considering the OTS only appeared halfway through the bulletin I was wondering if another backdrop might appear in a night or two, possibly even backdrop changing with the stories also.

Yeah, they make me cringe all the time, used to be every so often on the weekend bulletins but seem to be a few more all the time now!

She was definitely a bit slower tonight, hopefully it was just because of everything going on and I think there were some issues with the autocue at times as well.

Yeah, no closer tonight, straight into Home and Away. Think with the issues they may have had a little longer with the ad breaks to get things sorted.

7 Likes