Southern Cross Austereo (Regional)

It would be the Omeo repeater. The Corryong repeater is on 96.5.

2 Likes

cheers, big ears :smiley:

Sounds like a computer hissy-fit.

I had one of those just over a year ago when the whole desk shut up shop, not just Zetta, so I couldn’t get anything to air. It was a Friday evening too, but luckily the tech was raiding the beer fridge so it didn’t take long to get it back up and running.

3 Likes

I was inbetween Omeo and Corryong at the time and it was either that station or High Country Radio which isn’t my cup of tea.

2 Likes

Both of which I am guessing are fed “off air”'from 105.7 at Mt Baranduda.

So the same issues would have been heard there as well.

2 Likes

Back when 2BDR was a JV of local/RG Capital, they would’ve kept the lights on throughout the Christmas shut down. Local bfast - drive.

They took great pleasure in giving DMG RR something to worry about in the hub home market.

The revenue was there then and still would be, even more so now the two FMs have common ownership.

What’s not there is an owner who understands regional radio.

What do they play? Community mish mash? @Dj_Cazzah, tell us please.

2 Likes

It’s mainly Country Music mixed with some new songs mixed with oldies. It isn’t very genre consistent.

2 Likes

More garbage coming to the regional Hit Network, with a one hour entertainment show out of LA with gossip reporter Dean McCarthy Sunday 6pm.

FFS.

https://radioinfo.com.au/news/hit-regional-stations-add-some-tinsletown-sundays

Wonder how that effects This Week Tonight on Sea Gosford and hit Canberra? Currently occupies the 6-8pm slot

1 Like

Now that is a show which would be worth syndicating to the whole Hit Network, rather than Live From LA.

101.3 Sea FM have been a little bit sneaky by advertising that Gawndy and Ash Pollard would be back today. In actual fact, Gawndy won’t be back until January 30 2019. Ash and Nic Kelly are on breakfast for 2 weeks. Cheeky!

3 Likes

That’s more than cheeky, that’s just wrong!

Dylan, Tanya and Angus - Weekend Breakfast on The Hit Network

Superstar Dylan Alcott will join the Hit Network’s national weekend breakfast show alongside Angus O’Loughlin and returning Hit weekend breakfast host Tanya Hennessy .

Dylan Alcott is a Paralympic gold and silver medallists and world champion across tennis and basketball. He founded his own charity to help young Aussies, who are struggling to come to terms with their disability, fulfil their potential and realise dreams. He runs a business, is a TV Presenter, best-selling author, social advocate and broadcaster.

Dylan said, “I am really excited to be joining the SCA and Hit Network family. I am incredibly passionate about being able to use the medium of radio to reach out to and have fun with a broad range of Australians. It’s a personal and engaging medium and I love it! I see this move to the Hit Network as a great opportunity to work with two outstanding talents in Tanya and Angus and can’t wait to get on air with the team following my 2019 Australian Open tennis campaign.”

The Hit Network is excited to welcome back Tanya Hennessy to weekend breakfast in 2019. Tanya is loved for her hilarious and relatable content on YouTube and Facebook with over 1 million followers and last year took out Best Entertainment Presenter at the ACRA’s. She also released her first book Am I Doing this Right ?, an encyclopedia of life lessons that Tanya has learned so that you don’t have to, and added best-selling author to her repertoire.

Angus O’Loughlin joins weekend breakfast after almost two year’s co-hosting hit107 breakfast in Adelaide. Prior to this, Angus was entertaining the Hit Network’s national night’s audience for four years. Angus is a down-right radio nerd and is not afraid to reveal awfully personal things about his life, has a full celebrity phone book and fresh take on music and entertainment. Angus will continue to host the Trending 20 music country down with Ash London on Saturday nights.

The Hit Network’s Head of Content, Gemma Fordham, said, “I’ve been keen to get Dylan in the Hit family for some time now – finally he said yes! Dylan is a sensational broadcaster and all-round brilliant guy. I’m really excited about this show and I believe Australia will love waking up with Dylan, Tanya and Angus every weekend.”

Weekend breakfast with Dylan, Tanya and Angus 7am – 9am on The Hit Network.

Once again, SCA are treating their audience with no respect. A terrible decision by management.

That show is nothing without Gawndy. They’d be better off with Nic Kelly just playing music.

2 Likes

Is weekend breakfast broadcasted from Sydney or Melbourne?

1 Like

Interesting thought. It’s been from Sydney for since 2016, but was Melbourne based before that.
Tanya is Sydney based, but Angus and Dylan are Melbourne based, all three of them travel extensively for work so it could be either.

1 Like

Triple M Newcastle networked this morning, the announcer said “sign up to our club at Goldfm.com.au”

5 Likes

Mark and Mike can’t excuse themselves out of that one.

Newcastle has been networked on Sunday mornings for at least 6 months along with the rest of the network.

The Gold FM announcer simply forgot to put his/her screen back to local when doing the recording in Zetta.

If you listen to Newcastle you will only hear a local announcer Saturday 6-6 and Sunday 12pm-6pm.

1 Like

Disappointing.

The revenue in the Newcastle market supports it as it would to run local through drive and at night as KO did for many years with music of its own at night. Canberra does.

3 Likes

Absolutely agree with you. I also flick around and to me it’s weird hearing talk/music at 4-6, then music 6-7, talk 7-10, music 10-12 and talk/music 12 to 5am.

I can’t see how you keep an audience when you can’t be consistent. All the changes in the past year must be hurting. Not just Newcastle, but all over.

Pick a format and stick with it - it is ridiculous here where I am that at 3.50pm it might be Roberta Flack and then at 4.05 it’s Superjesus or Midnight Oil.

Drive can be talk/music but then either stay with that 6-midnight as well, or do music only and lose Stephen Cenatiempo’s show.

The solution is possibly to run NRL/AFL programming 6-7 and if Stephen doesn’t want to extend 7-midnight, then look at another possible talk/music show for 10-12pm.

The mish-mash might be ok for markets that aren’t competitive but when I listen to Townsville and Newcastle I quickly go to a competitor (POWER 100 is great).

3 Likes