Southern Cross Austereo (Regional)

my observation was that the regionals don’t even take the show til 1am - how dumb is that? Do music 10pm til midnight and then Luke Bona

Idont understand why they have both shows on. And correct Luke Bona is on at 1AM.

Issues in Albury affected playout of Ray Hadley’s show into other regionals yesterday

It’s time Mickey Maher was told to shake up his schedule if he can’t do it himself.

It seems Mix FM Sunshine Coast was airing Luke’s show at least one hour before Gold FM.

Triple M 106.3 and Hit 105.5 signage (at Coffs Harbour International Stadium) can be seen on the A-League match between Newcastle Jets and Melbourne City FC. The game is live on Fox Sports and SBS Viceland. Interesting to also note that Hit 106.9 signage (both digital and fence) can also be seen at the stadium.

1 Like

I wonder if any locals are being confused by the 2 Hit stations.

Actually make that 3 given 105.1 Hit FM Kempsey gets into Coffs pretty well too.

1 Like

Local stadium advertising from SCA Port Mac, and the jets are sponsored by 106.9

You mean SCA Coffs?
They game is at Coffs Harbour and they are advertising 105.5 and 106.3

I read Albury has a new breakfast team. Where have the two boys gone who were on last year?

Back home to Melbourne. They don’t have a new radio job as of yet.

1 Like

Thank you, good to know.

Ray Hadley has had a go a SCA for not having panel ops during his show. http://www.radiotoday.com.au/news/whats-new/10388-hadley-to-sca-put-a-panel-operator-on.html

It also says that the regional hub is relocating to Sydney from Monday.
Does anyone know more about this?
I know that Ray’s show currently gets fed into the SCASat network from Albury, so clearly that is going to be done in Sydney now. But how much else is moving to Sydney? I’m led to believe that the two Classic Hits stream network announcers based in Albury will be staying there.

So SCA’s Albury hub will be moving to Sydney, does that mean the Gold Coast hub will be moving to Sydney as well or is it just Albury?

Big flooding (must be big to make east coast TV news bulletins) in the Avon Valley of WA.

Any updates on Perth metro stations? The water will make its way down soon.

So what are Northam’s SCA stations doing about it? Any local shifts to broadcast flood warnings on their AM or FM stations?

I don’t know how they’d cover such matters locally round the clock due to only one local announcer. This is when local radio is needed the most and they’re likely asleep in Bunbury.

1 Like

With the change to hit branding, and the existing hitz FM forcing them to keep the Sea FM name in Bundaberg, Sea FM Wide Bay has split into 2 stations.

Previously Sea FM Wide Bay broadcast on 4CEE 101.9 Maryborough and 4RGB 93.1 Bundaberg with local advertising in each market. From what I can find online, this setup goes back to at least the early 2000’s when the stations were owned by RG Capital.

The stations are now:

• Hit 101.9 Fraser Coast - with nothing changed other than the name - announcers are the same and still using the Maryborough studios.
  • Sea FM 93.1 Bundaberg, with a new breakfast show “Nik & Jac” and a new female mornings announcer. However, with no studios in Bundaberg, the announcers and playout are using SCA’s Townsville studios.

Not much info online about this yet, with the Sea FM Bundaberg website and app still showing the Fraser Coast lineup, but there are some videos from the new breakfast team on the facebook page. I believe this is their third week.

Does anyone know if SCA indend to build studios in Bundaberg (as opposed to the existing office which is just for sales) so this station can be local?

2 Likes

It’s an interesting situation. I can’t see Hitz giving up it’s name, as the heritage FM station in Bundaberg. At least not without some money changing hands.

It doesn’t seem like the ideal situation anymore to be using Alt Frequency on their RDS.

1 Like

No studios in Bundaberg?

How do they satisfy the 3 hours per weekday local content requirements?

1 Like

That’s a very good question - I’ve never been able to work that one out.

I’d also like to work out how 4FC in Maryborough has zero local content and just broadcasts Radio TAB on a full commercial licence.

Seems the Wide Bay area is the Bermuda triangle of local content :slight_smile:

2 Likes

By the law specifically defining and exempting ‘regional racing service radio’ stations.

Relevant legislation - Federal Register of Legislation - Broadcasting Services (Regional Commercial Radio - Material of Local Significance) Licence Condition 2012 and BROADCASTING SERVICES ACT 1992 - SECT 8AF Regional racing service radio licence

1 Like