Sky News

If there is any consolation, the panel is pretty balanced for a change.

Yeah I note two labor people. But fuck me dead Murray is vile, kitch, cringeworthy and take no pride in his appearance. Heā€™s far from credible.

heā€™s taking lessons from Rowan Dean?

Pretty much.

The level of condescension is astounding he keeps saying ā€œitā€™s this thing whereā€¦ā€ a common refrain when trying to dumb down or force a particular point of view.

The asshole also sits there and just says blatantly to vote liberal. Claims itā€™s an opinion show! Yes but we donā€™t want his vile opinion. Let the guests give their opinion and the host moderates the show.

It all gets a bit much doesnā€™t it. If one of the other networks went for the same dialogue, theyā€™d be chastised for being biased.

2 Likes

I should say, if another network was being pro labor in the way he is.

Ha! Thought exactly the same thing.

1 Like

I find these attacks on peopleā€™s appearance to be tacky and contemptible.
And frankly it undermines any reasonable point that might be made.

Yes, it is TV and look and style are a factor but thereā€™s a way to address that without spewing a mouthful of bile.

And yes there is plenty about Sky News after dark to critique.

But these constant personal attacks say more about the people launching them than the subject.

And if these type of comments were being made about a woman I bet the people saying these things about Paul Murray would be the first to be outraged.

8 Likes

Calm down!

2 Likes

I could say the same about people frothing at the mouth about someoneā€™s appearance which really doesnā€™t matter unless thereā€™s some sort of attraction.

But at the end of the day, people just shouldnā€™t be arseholesā€¦ I think thatā€™s something we can all agree onā€¦ unless you are an arsehole? Youā€™re not are you? Iā€™m sure youā€™re not :thinking:

1 Like

You shouldnā€™t compare Paul murry to what woman find disrespectful.

Murray is fair gameā€¦,in my opinion

3 Likes

Especially when you hear the appalling things he has to say about people.

1 Like

At least itā€™s now officially confirmed. For context, Murray said the comments during an ad-break which didnā€™t get edited out of a episode of the podcast for his show

1 Like

Numerous issues on Sky News election night for Victoria Votes. They were off air for nearly ten mins around half an hour into the broadcast and had to show ads and network promos. Technical issues with packages by Ahron Young - signal cut out when crossing to Alan Jones in Sydney - graphics showing 0% of votes counted despite being 90 minutes into
the broadcast. Kieran Gilbert who was LIVE in the Sky News office lost his signal. Absolute shambles.

1 Like

Theyā€™ll be a full on meltdown tomorrow on sky beginning with outsiders and the Paul Murray will be ranting tomorrow night at the Liberal loss.

What this shows that their endless quest to move things to the extreme right will be rejected by voters.

3 Likes

What the hell are they doing down there

I believe presentation was being done out of Canberra tonight?

Unfortunately these things happenā€¦ itā€™s not great but computer systems crash and everyone scrambles to fix it.

The Jones cross failure was a LiveU loss of signalā€¦ again not great but it happens.

And yes, the set was in the new studio in Canberra

1 Like

My point was more about why they chose to cross to Alan Jones during coverage of a Victorian election

Also interested to hear them use the Canberra set. Is their Melbourne studio still that small set somewhere in the Herald Sun building? I presume(d) they wouldnā€™t be able to do pres from there

1 Like

Ah okā€¦ Jones is a network personality whoā€™s known to have an opinion or two or three and they were wheeling them all out tonight.

As for Canberra, Iā€™m guessing that they were framing their coverage to offer a national perspective, explaining the federal implications etc etcā€¦ and yeah the Melbourne studio isnā€™t as versatile (or as big) as Canberra.

1 Like