Sky News

Ross has just turned up on 2GB with John Stanley to discuss his sacking.

Paraphrasing, he says he was arguing that people and governments shouldn’t be worried or concerned about China or see it as an adversary, but he spoke poorly and apologises to anyone who was offended. He also says he deliberately used the stereotype.

Even as someone who was a fan of Ross & Rowan’s show, I’m quite confused. I wondered if having them fill five nights a week might be too much for them to avoid saying something to get sacked.

Ross also noted he supports Sky News’ right to hire and fire as they see fit, and enjoyed his time working there.

It sounds like he doesn’t think he did anything wrong, but will accept Sky’s decision.

Audio here:

Part 2:

1 Like

Well that’s good news. One fuckwit gone.

When will they sack Rowan Dean. Not only are his opinions repugnant but his appearance is vile. He can’t even dress himself properly.

Then they can sack Murray , Jones and Bolt and they will start to resemble a reputable news organization.

3 Likes

And that’s the clincher. Sure, he’s honest enough to admit his racism rather than pretending to be ignorant of it, but that’s no less deplorable

1 Like

Andrew Bolt hints that he is going to cut back on his work load, with a major announcement due soon. From his News column on Saturday:

As he links Sky to his forthcoming announcement, it appears that his announcement will relate to his appearances on Sky (and perhaps his nightly show on Macquarie radio?) rather than his News columns.

1 Like

Bolt Report down to a weekly slot again ala-Channel Ten days?

I suspect Sky After Dark will soon be just Paul Murray yelling into an empty room for 6 hours a night, which must be especially enthralling viewing for regional viewers who don’t have to pay for the privilege

5 Likes

How about they just reinstate a straight news bulletin. And maybe provide us with non opinion based topics.

7 Likes

I’m sure some people will disagree with me, but less of Andrew Bolt in Australia’s media landscape will be a good thing IMO.

Political opinions aside, he’s never been that great on TV or radio from what I’ve seen.

What’s that hard right teenager Caleb Bond doing in broadcast media at the moment? Aside from whatever columns he’s been doing in the Adelaide Advertiser or other News Corp papers, I could really imagine Caleb having talkback radio (he’d probably be a decent successor to Alan Jones on 2GB when the time comes) or a Sky News opinion program as a future ambition.

That’d be great (especially having NewsNight on in an earlier timeslot that midnight like they used to), but I highly doubt it’ll happen.

1 Like

Sky debuting a new studio today, replacing the Skyline set I think. Looks partially virtual from what I can see from my hotel room.

It’s not… it’s a very big video wall… same concept as the Sky News Business/Your Money set.

It’s the new Canberra set.

One of the best sets they’ve had in years.

A crucial component of the new studio will be the return of election nights being hosted out of Canberra, with the desk capable of sitting six people and six cameras to capture the action.

“That used to be the tradition decades ago for all networks. It is no longer. But this is our nation’s capital, this is the heartbeat of our political life and this is where it should be,” Speers said.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/media/skys-the-limit-for-stateoftheart-sky-news-canberra-studio/news-story/60ae2c70eb076ff17e59b329ff94c1ca

4 Likes

Looks great. Let’s hope they don’t ruin it with bad background graphics.

So, when is Sky finally going to invest in nice on screen graphics and better openers, etc.

So where is this studio in Canberra based?

Parliament… either a part of or adjacent to the NewsCorp bureau

Hopefully the cameras have been upgraded to HD down there in Canberra because the picture quality out of there is shit.

Here’s some caps of the new Canberra studio from this morning

2 Likes

Decent set for Canberra, looks huge. What was the previous set like that they were using?

2 Likes

Wow, even the chairs look fancy. Well done Sky!

Actually a pretty solid set. The reflection off the desk would annoy me though

1 Like