Sky News

And it’s now Tom someone presenting. I believe it is live given first item was a cross to Mark Gottelieb interviewing drivers at the Supercars event on the Gold Coast.

Possibly a rights issues as well as a programming decision.

Fox Sports would likely be paying only for the subscription TV rights, therefore are not entitled to show the coverage on FTA.

I watched FSN 500 through the playback feature on the IQ4 and they switched to a commercial break half way through a NFL story before the NBL started with no sign off. It is so strange that FSN made no mention that NBL was coming up next on Foxtel and made no reference to how you could continue to watch FSN through Fox Sports website/App or SNOW

As in the one that used to be at Southern Cross News? I wondered where she’d gone to!

Just a correction FS website and App are also streaming NBL instead of FSN so the only way to watch FSN at the moment is through SNOW

Yes, the rather attractive Katelyn went to Sky.

3 Likes

Is there any realistic punishment for Sky News on WIN breaching free TV codes if ACMA were to find them guilty of something? Typically when ACMA finds someone in breach, nothing practical actually happens, and the network just “vows to to better and update practices, blah blah.”

The Free to Air code and the Astra code are almost identical. It’s unlikely anything they’re doing breaches specific standards.

However, where there is a difference is in day parts. The FTA code mandates zones of the day where certain content is not allowed. That doesn’t apply to subscription TV.

If Sky on WIN gets into trouble that’s where it will be.

As to whether ACMA can or will do anything, that’s another story.

1 Like

What happened?

Worth pointing out that this aired both on Sky News and Sky News on WIN - would make for an interesting test case for ACMA et. al.

5 Likes

In the SMH:

1 Like

According to someone I know who did see the show (I’d link the tweet in full here but since it’s from a locked account, I’ll refrain from doing so), Ross was apparently “half p*ssed after having wine before he went on air” on Tuesday night. Make of that what you will.

Sky News made the right decision to terminate Ross Cameron’s contract judging by those comments although if you ask me, they really should’ve done that on Wednesday morning!

I wonder if Ross will now join Mark Lathams Outsiders (if he’s still doing that)? Either way, he won’t be a massive loss to the mainstream Australian media landscape IMO!

1 Like

Surely that alone is a sackable offence let alone the rest of it

3 Likes

I agree.

When Mike Willesee infamously presented A Current Affair while intoxicated about 30 years ago, didn’t he have to call in sick the next day? His media career didn’t suffer too badly (especially remembering that he got to host the show again in 1993!), although at the same time I don’t think Willesee made any racist comments during that broadcast.

Get rid of the absolutely disgusting Rowan Dean as well, what a pissant.

7 Likes

who thinks he knows more about climate change than actual PhD holders.

the after dark crap is dragging some great journos like Laura Jayes and the daytime guys down as well. they either need to go full fox news or get rid of the evening nuffies.

4 Likes

Call me cynical but I can’t help but think something else was at play here.

The comments were so crude and without any sort of intellectual substance you’d have to think there was some sort of agenda. He just isn’t that dumb.

Or maybe he is.

Anyway, his departure is not before time… now the other one just has to go and the show cancelled.

1 Like

:thinking: That one.

1 Like