Sky News

I’d dare him to drink the lot. :rofl:

He’d polish it off in 10 minutes max :rofl:

and who at sky news would want to milk him?

soy is for the latte sipping lefties at the abc.

1 Like

Soy is so yesterday. Almond or Coconut decaffe is probably more top of the blackboard at Ultimo.

Paul Murray probably gets a cappuccino with a Coke at Maccas after he’s picked up a bucket at KFC on the way to work. Andrew Bolt would have an Irish whiskey - heavy on the whiskey, light on coffee.

3 Likes

Breakfast of champions right there! :rofl:

Apparently he likes the cigars. Probably the shitty kind. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’d have to be pissed to spout out the crap he comes up with.

1 Like

He said last night he calls it channel 2 because “that’s what normal people call it” and when Richi kept saying it’s the ABC Murray was like “I’m not familiar with that corporate branding”. What an absolute twat!!

5 Likes

They should rebrand Sky News as “Your News” in line with “Your Money”.

more like RWNJ News

2 Likes

Conservative Pravda would be appropriate i’d think

3 Likes

With Sky it would have to be “Our News” - they know what’s best for us to know :slight_smile:

1 Like

As in ‘Your ABC’?

1 Like

Where I live, the ABC used to called Channel 1, because it was on Analogue VHF Channel 1.

What a load of rubbish by Murray - no-one aside from him does that

1 Like

If his audience is predominantly retirement age he’s not far off.

I’m nowhere near retirement age but I certainly understand the “channel 2” reference.

As a kid the ABC’s Gore Hill studios had a Channel 2 sign out the front. If I’m not mistaken throughout the 70s and possibly into the early 80s Channel 2 was an accepted alternative reference to ABC.

That being said most people today of any age would talk about ABC rather than channel 2. Paul’s reference to the latter is designed to irritate and clearly he has succeeded, at least in some areas.

5 Likes

But the ABC to which he calls channel 2 is more than a tv station. It encompasses radio (old technology) and online (new).

He’s just a pathetic fat piece of shit who does it deliberately to be condescending to the public broadcaster. Remember sky news believe that the ABC should not be producing a news channel as the commercial market already supplies this service. :roll_eyes:

8 Likes

http://www.abctvgorehill.com.au/assets/photos/gore_hill_site/abn_sign_w.jpg

2 Likes

Politics and personal critiques aside, it’s certainly a dated reference.

It comes from a time when ABC network branding wasn’t common place and radio also identified instead by individual station callsign.

As for whether the ABC News Channel should exist, I think you’ll find public PR utterances don’t reflect day to day internal thinking. The arrival of ABC News 24 was good news for Sky… a lot of resources were added.

2 Likes

To be fair to him, Richo’s comments (that Murray includes a ‘token’ Labor person but stacks his panels with Conservative commentators) is absolutely correct

1 Like