Sky News

For everyone who’s looking at this news thinking “Oh, who cares whether a channel of Sky News content is broadcast through WIN - they don’t have presence in the five main metro markets!” - Don’t worry, I’m sure Sky News will somehow manage to find a way to get their programing on free to air terrestrial television in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide & Perth soon enough.

…or worse still, it’s quite possible much of the anti-ABC mob will eventually say the ABC should shut down it’s news channel because it’s competing against some form of Sky News service on FTA.

2 Likes

There was an article not so long ago that Nine was in talks to bring Sky News to one of their multichannels. For all we know, there could still be a deal for all Nine metro stations.

Speculation in articles today that they’re currently in talks with Sevent West Media also.

1 Like

Yeah, I think that proposal was to air Sky News Business content on 9Life.

Another one was something like “Sky News on Seven” (presumably a similar concept to the upcoming “Sky News on WIN”) although how that would work for regional Queensland now is anyone’s guess.

1 Like

Not an issue, any agreement would be for metro broadcasts only.

So? They can do whatever they want with Sky News, doesn’t mean squatt LOL. This what would have happened if CBS didn’t save Ten from the Murdoch gang. It’s probably what would have happened.

I’ve been watching Sky UK since its launch. Current on-air package was launched in 2015. Much better graphics than the Aussie counterpart.

4 Likes

No. Community TV should be able to exist. They’ve been forced off because they can resell the channel allocation to Mr Murdoch et. al. Sydney should still have a community TV station.

They have Foxtel, and now on WIN. That’s enough.

7 Likes

As opposed to genuine abuse, which you can see below.

Sounds factual though.

1 Like

Just because you want that to be true doesn’t mean it is. They have some of the top shows on pay TV.

Which is how many viewers exactly?

14 Feb
1 GOGGLEBOX AUSTRALIA LifeStyle Chan 116,000
2 MELBOURNE: REAL HOUSEWIVES OF… ARENA 54,000
3 PAUL MURRAY LIVE SKY NEWS LIVE 50,000
4 THE BOLT REPORT SKY NEWS LIVE 49,000

20 Feb
1 THE BOLT REPORT SKY NEWS LIVE 54,000
2 PAUL MURRAY LIVE SKY NEWS LIVE 51,000
3 MARVEL’S RUNAWAYS FOX8 50,000
4 JONES & CO SKY NEWS LIVE 46,000

21 Feb
1 LIVE: CRICKET: TRANS-TASMAN TWENTY20 FOX SPORTS M 178,000
2 GOGGLEBOX AUSTRALIA LifeStyle Chan 132,000
3 MELBOURNE: REAL HOUSEWIVES OF… ARENA 73,000
4 PAUL MURRAY LIVE SKY NEWS LIVE 52,000
5 PML OVERTIME SKY NEWS LIVE 50,000
6 LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION LifeStyle Chan 42,000
7 THE BOLT REPORT SKY NEWS LIVE 40,000

26 Feb
1 THE WALKING DEAD showcase 68,000
2 PAUL MURRAY LIVE SKY NEWS LIVE 68,000

27 Feb
1 PAUL MURRAY LIVE SKY NEWS LIVE 56,000
2 THE BOLT REPORT SKY NEWS LIVE 55,000
3 JONES & CO SKY NEWS LIVE 47,000
4 YES MINISTER FOX Classics 47,000
5 CREDLIN SKY NEWS LIVE 44,000

Wow. 44,000 to 68,000 viewers.
Out of a country of nearly 25 million, that does sounds like you’ve proven the point made by @Tom_TV7.

3 Likes

You’ve just shown everyone how little you know about TV.

Do you know how many people watch TV in Australia?

Just proves that you’re struggling to prove your point, when you start personally attacking.

It’s not a personal attack. If you can’t see how having #1, #2, #3 shows on pay TV - for example, on 27 Feb - proves exactly the opposite of his point, I can’t help you.

By your logic, you could say “barely anyone” watched Sunday Night on 7 last Sunday. Or “barely anyone” watched the Sunday Project. It is completely wrong.

Well, since Sunday Night gets ten times or up to 20 times the viewers of those viewers, then I’d say you can’t use that argument. Even The Sunday Project doesn’t have such slim pickings.

1 Like