Sky News

Every presenter bar David Speers and Kieran Gilbert on Sky News has crap presenting skills and should be sacked IMO.

Sky goes from unwatchable to being a labour that slaves are not even paid to do.

3 Likes

Christopher Pyne and Richard Marles have the worst presenting skills out of all the Sky News presenters.

3 Likes

Sky News by the looks of it is trialing new breaking news lower thirds. I am expecting there to be a relaunch to coinside with sky uk joining and active being disabled and other brands renaming.

The change will effect on Sunday.

Looks like Sky News Extra will repeat Sky News shows later at night. I guess bridging the gap between parliament and C-SPAN? They could play question time from each state though.

Sky News Active is now gone on iQ3.

1 Like

Still on the iQ2.

Sky UK looks much better in HD, not to sure why Sky News Australia put there own watermark on channel 605.

Why on earth have they covered up their new logo with Sky News AUā€™s old oneā€¦

1 Like

Prior to shutdown.

I donā€™t understand it either, but least it doesnā€™t look tacky compared to the ones used on Sky News Extra, Weather and Business.

Thought Sky News least change their graphics. Fox Sports News is still using the previous graphics although all the Fox Sports channels changed their presentation 3 months ago.

1 Like

AFR reporting Sky News will be on WIN after a deal was struck between the two. Sounds like Bruce and his friend are still working together!

This is presumably what would have happened if the WIN-FOX consortium had bought Ten outright. Looks like WIN News will feature national news content via Sky (in addition to the current arrangements with Ten) and WIN News is beefing up Skyā€™s small regional presence. Sky will probably buy a few liveu units so Win News crews can go live to the main channel where necessary.

It looks like itā€™ll be a WIN specific channel, possibly with WIN All Australian News airing at times, along with some delayed Sky News programming (presumably the opinion stuff from 6pm onwards will move to 7pm). It also looks like some Fox Sports News bulletins will also be simulcast. So it wonā€™t be the same Sky News feed we see on Foxtel.

Where this leaves Ten and WINā€™s already strained relationship is another question. WIN now has the resources to produce its own bulletin covering national and international stories along with metropolitan sport. Yet it also simulcasts and supplies footage for Ten Eyewitness News (whoā€™ve reduced their presence in the regions as theyā€™ve increased their reliance on WIN) and runs a full hour bulletin at 5pm.

They are trying to mess with CBS investment.

Sounds horrific. Ten gave certainly dodged a bullet there.

1 Like

In all honesty Sky and News Corp can go and kill themselves. Barely anyone wants to hear more of their arrogant, right-wing whingeing.

3 Likes

Letā€™s just hold fire and see what actually makes it on air.

Dangerously though, many of the anti ABC mob will use it as an excuse cut news coverage in regional areas now that Sky has a presence.

Itā€™s a match made in heaven - no-one watches Sky and no-one watches WIN.

9 Likes

Iā€™m sure Paul Murray will be crowing about the additional three viewers that will be watching his right wing clap trap. His commentary is boarderig on abusive. Channeling his inner Alan Jones.

1 Like

That said, of the conservative commentators on Sky News heā€™s probably the most rational and I actually donā€™t mind his commentary. I donā€™t necessarily always agree with him but heā€™s not a bad voice.
Donā€™t get confused with Rowan Dean, Ross Cameron, Andrew Bolt and heck even Peta Credlin. They maybe the clap traps you speak of!

4 Likes