Sky News

Although it will be owned by Disney if the Fox-Disney deals happens.

If you google it, the fox-deal has already happened. Happened last week. Big news in America. If I remember correctly Fox News, Fox Business will remain property of Fox they will not be owned by Disney. Disney bought out the Fox related entertainment channels (FOX, FXX, FX) While Fox News, Fox Sports 1 & 2 will remain under the Fox Umbrella without Disney grabbing it’s paws.

The deal doesn’t close for a number of years (past-2020 if I remember correctly)

Oh okay, sorry I had my facts wrong!

Has their been a update yet on the news Corp and telstra negotiations yet because today is the day and deal must be reached and their hasn’t been anything said about it yet my prediction for 2018 is that news Corp
Will launch fox news australia and rebrand sky news business to fox business and sky news weather to fox weather that’s my two cents about this

3 Likes

Will be interesting to see when Sky News goes off air, mixed emotions as I feel sorry for the journalists who could possibly loose there jobs but also happy that the shit Sky news is producing will be off air. But I shouldn’t jump to conclusions at this very stage.

1 Like

So is this going to be permanent or temporarily going off air?.. Sorry but I really am getting confused…

1 Like

An update to the story, what a difference a few hours can make!

3 Likes

Will be interesting to see if Sky Australia follows.

3 Likes

Much preferred the old variant.

1 Like

Not much of a change of logo.

Matches the changes in branding for Sky Sport mid last year.
Maybe Sky News UK will tweak their graphics to make sure there is uniformity between both Sky News and sport.

1 Like

Sky News touting its primetime audience is up 21%, its total audience is +9%, Paul Murray Live is +30%, and that Sky News is the most watched STV channel at breakfast (5-9am) with adults.

http://more.skynews.com.au/australians-are-turning-to-sky-news/

Easy to say your audience is up massively when it’s coming off a low base to start with…

1 Like

Not true. It’s all relative. Sky has been a Top 10 cable channel for a few years now. So to be up from a Top10 cable channel to a Top 5 cable channel, and up 9% when STV subscriptions are flat and TV as a whole is down 9% and streaming making huge inroads into viewing - credit where credit is due. As much as I hate Sky - they are at 20 year highs right now - and their formula is working.

All pay channels are on a low base, and not many of them are up 9% year on year and have series (PML) up 30% year on year. Context and perspective.

2 Likes

Sky News UK launched a new set replacing the newsroom one that is based off the glass box studio. The studio above and the glass box studio are now used for main news broascasts. There were also minor graphics refresh to coincide with the new logo.

9 Likes

I like the fonts, logo and graphics. Maybe a bit too much of the white in the studio.

2 Likes

Sky News boss Angelo Frangopoulos has been named a Member of the Order of Australia in this year’s Australia Day awards list for “significant service to the broadcast media sector, to higher education and the promotion of journalistic standards, and to the community.”

Meanwhile Andrew Bolt has broken his left wrist and three ribs falling off a ladder while pruning a banksia tree. He returns to Sky News on 5 February.

$$ https://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/media/andrew-bolt-recovering-after-falling-off-extension-ladder/news-story/db40263d1d4d4ef4b85e1f22a968a14a

1 Like