Sky News

From late January she will be fronting To the Point with Kristina Ken­eally out of the parliament house Canberra studio, 1:00pm Monday to Thursday.

2 Likes

The good news is she gets her own show at 1pm Mon-Thu “To The Point”

2 Likes

Ha ha she Nathan Reesed him.

Too bad the graphics package still looks atrocious, should’ve been the first thing they overhauled.

5 Likes

Too bad the graphics & ticker still look like shithouse :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Speers has some nice new simple lower thirds, although the background is on a weird slant, grabs are coming up at the wrong time and there are still some old graphics coming up for things like polling.

So the more things change the more they stay the same.

Quick screencap from Foxtel Go.

There’s a good chance these graphics are being trialled from the Canberra Bureau first.

3 Likes

The graphics look really good

2 Likes

Wow! I absolutely detest Sky News these days but credit where credit’s due. That set is fantastic. It would look even better with a big round desk or something in front of it.

3 Likes

Hopefully for only an hour but seems unlikely

2 Likes

Yikes, that is a MASSIVE screen. Unsure if that’s a good thing…

Surely I’m not the only one who thinks it is not particularly great.

The screens are nice but that’s about where it ends - the desk, lack of human scale, the silver everywhere - yuck yuck yuck. And it’s all accentuated by those awful camera angles which clearly weren’t considered or planned before the set was built.

But I guess the bar is set so low in this country that they can get away with it. Or maybe it just makes more sense in action rather than still images.

5 Likes

No, the criticisms expressed are valid when you view it in action (especially the lack of human scale problem you mentioned considering how big the set it)

Regarding your 1st sentence, to be fair - Sky has especially set the bar so low for them that pretty much anything is an improvement compared to some of the sets they’ve had

2 Likes

It’s a good thing free to air viewers aren’t subjected to sky news. The vile opinions and hatred spouted each night is horrendous.

5 Likes

What about Bolt? Who are the left-wing thugs going to target and how am I going to know who to hate and fear without a daily dose of The Bolt Report? The great man had signalled he was looking to scale back his commitments in 2018.

The Ticker would be fine if it was 2007 not 2017.

The Bolt Report is staying for 2018.

Uploaded this to test out some software - the video includes a promo for PM Live, a brief countdown and the start of ‘Speers’ covering the resignation of Stephen Parry:

2 Likes

5 Likes

Now that is one good looking studio…

What’s the story with the big banners now, with the huge font? The graphics take up about 20% of the screen now.