Sky News

Holy shit that’s hilarious.

Random glitch during Newsnight, appeared on both cable and via Foxtel Go.

3 Likes

Lengthy piece in The Saturday Paper touching on many media outlets but primarily how Murdoch has attempted to Foxify Sky News. Some enjoyable pars about Bolt in there too.

1 Like

Is that why Nicholas Reece has his own show? Why Keneally and PVO host for hours during the day? Why Peter Beattie has his own show too? Tonnes of leftie regulars also.

I wouldn’t call any of those names lefties. The point is very few people are watching this channel, my reference to Bolt was around the studio in Melbourne and how since leaving Insiders his audience and persuasive ability has diminished. I enjoyed Bolt being on Insiders, watched early on Ten but now to someone like me he’s an irrelevance on pay TV.

Reece in banished to Friday Night.

KK and PVO run straight rolling news coverage for the most part (PVO used to be on evenings but he moved so he could have more time with his kids. KK is from the right faction (even though she is probably the most liberal person on there) and PVO is an economic conservative/social liberal.

QLD Politics are far more right wing than down south, So Beattie and Newman really represent centre/centre right.

There are Labor writers in The Spectator as well, but you wouldn’t call them left wing.

6 Likes

When they have panels on Paul Murray they’ll have 3 conservative and one sort of leftie. They’re unashamedly conservative.

Paul Murray holds himself up as some conservative standard berear. When in reality he use to be one of the so called “lefties” he mocks and derides.

1 Like

Paul Murray is not a conservative standard bearer. Bolt is the only thing which comes close.

No but he pretends to be. Point was he’s fake.

Even conservative Gerard Henderson took the piss out of Credlin. Pardon the pun. :stuck_out_tongue:

Malcolm Roberts amateur legal advisor Paul Murray got it wrong.

3 Likes

New line up at sky in 2018.

PVO is gone replaced by Laura Jayes.

Credlin is on nightly at 6pm.

Outsiders gets a second 8pm Thursday timeslot

Chris Kenny has left and Perrett hosts heads up nightly at 11.

Mornings shift is Ashley Gillon from Perth mon to wed. Sam Maiden on the other days from Canberra.

Brooke and Kieran remain at breakfast.

And the fat one stays nightly at 9pm.

Business has a new set from News Corp hq. Looks really good.

All this was in the Australian today.

4 Likes

Here’s some pics of it - like you said, it genuinely looks really good:

5 Likes

Can’t say I like it. The panelling behind the screen goes way too high up and something just isn’t right about that desk…

2 Likes

Any idea where Peter is going? He is my favourite thing on Sky News.

2 Likes

I like the new Sky Business set, especially the overhead round display with rolling quotes.

1 Like

The article states he will be a contributing editor at Sky News and will still host the Contrarians.

The sky business set is larger and better than the main sky news one.

Can they also get HD cameras in the phone booth studios in the main capitals. The output is atrocious.

New set looks huge. Not bad. Hosts/Guests can look at each other again.

Also new intro graphics.

1 Like

PVO was the only reason I watched Sky News. Is Kristina Kenneally gone too?

3 Likes