Sky News

They’ll often relaunch and it’ll look fine, then they’ll cannibalise it and it looks crap.
Maybe they used a demo and the licence expired haha

1 Like

Previoulsy

2 Likes

Outsiders. Best show on television. Look forward to it every Sunday, particularly the opening monologue.

3 Likes

Imagine being in what’s almost a golden age of TV, with wonderful scripted and produced programs available at our whim. Amazing characters and stories being told, and you think a trio of… was gonna say has-beens but maybe better to say never-beens, sitting around whinging about niche issues is the ‘Best show on television.’ Like it’s a very strange way to live one’s life.

5 Likes

Lol have u been getting into teddy bears drug cabinet again?

Indeed it is if you’re after fully grown adults behaving like 4 year olds.

2 Likes

Is’nt this all the shows on Sky news now? :joy: :thinking:

2 Likes

Bradlyn certainly knows her stuff. The accent takes a bit of getting used to but she clearly demonstrates a deep understanding of every bit of weather she talks about.

It’s always better when Sky Weather is fronted by the meteorologists rather than the “weather presenters”…sure, the segments run longer and it takes longer to get to tomorrow’s temperatures, but you end up with a much better understanding of what the weather is doing.

In particular I find their explanations of where and why rain will move to be very helpful in working out how much of the rain will actually reach me, and when to expect it. It’s the kind of detail which I find a good TV weather presentation can deliver better than a weather app.

3 Likes

Sky News is planning to set up a 24/7 channel to cover the Voice to Parliament, with the working name of ‘The Voice’

2 Likes

News does not develop on this nearly enough to have a dedicated channel. As AFR somewhat mentions, it can’t possibly be anything but rolling reruns of Sky News opinion segments on the topic which for even the most diehard Sky watchers would be so pointless. Waste of time and I can’t imagine this actually makes it out of the idea phase. They’re better off just making a dedicated program on the main channel if they really need to set aside specific time to discuss this topic…

5 Likes

They are just renaming a channel to replay their bigot-driven programming?

3 Likes

Yeah see I don’t get why they’re not just gonna rebrand Sky News Extra for a few months (wasn’t it called Sky News COVID-19 at one point for COVID pressers?) instead of a whole new channel

Actually, they might actually do that

1 Like

Channel Seven lawsuit incoming?

And I can already imagine the content of the channel:

Vote No for the voice and if you dare to have a different opinion then you’re accusing me of being a Racist

On Repeat 24/7

1 Like

At least with covid, there was constant updates nationally and internationally they could draw upon to warrant a full channel. I can’t see how they would fill a channel with content on a referendum.

2 Likes

It frequently gets renamed to Sky News Election, too.

5 Likes

ITV Studios Australia owns that.

1 Like

A blast from the past! Can’t quite remember if this was this a separate show to Prime News, or the same bulletin with a different title card? I think also (don’t know for certain) Sky News NZ used to take half an hour of London whilst Australia aired Prime News?

2 Likes

I think it was separate from Prime News.

2 Likes

It was a separate show.
And rated dismally.

2 Likes

From today (June 26), listeners on the Nova Player mobile app will be able to stream Sky News network’s breaking news coverage and opinion programs nationwide on demand.

1 Like