Sky News

So was a new set introduced today?

you can watch Sky News for free, just download the Foxtel Go app. It’s the default free channel.

At the moment, their morning show is hosting from 100 different places and is less news than opinion so you can’t see much.

1 Like

That backdrop looks good.

Still using the old set. Not sure that all works for a program being shown at 12pm. Needs to be brighter.

1 Like

Indeed, a bit random and weird to have a nighttime cityscape in the background of a bulletin airing at midday.

I do love that set though. Sky just shouldn’t use it before 4pm though.

1 Like

Is it a backdrop that can be altered to a day and night version?

Poor old Sky News Business doesn’t get a mention? :slight_smile:

New backdrop too

1 Like

I think its a backdrop which is specific for that program.

If Sky Business is who the new set is for, it’s a massive upgrade from the old set which was tucked in a corner of the newsroom and had rows of screens for its backdrop.

In this excerpt from a promo you can see a different backdrop

Still the same shit graphics & ticker.

3 Likes

Ugly desk. Why not have some physcial elements to the set like the main sky news one? Would be so much better because Sky news have never had any decent graphic backdrops for their screens which is what every location has now. Half arsed crappy backgrounds on screens. And why are their isobars on a business related backdrop?

Paul Murray announced on his show last Tuesday that a new set was on its way and that Paul Murray Live will be the first to use the set for a while.

Carson needs to work on his choreography, a couple stumbles in that opening dance routine.

Sky Biz set is a big step up from the ugly screens in corner of newsroom.

2 Likes

Does anyone know where this set is from? perhaps another new set somewhere? I watch Sky regularly and i’ve never seen it

That’s the set for “Ticky” which I believe is broadcast from News Corp HQ in Surrey Hills, Sydney CBD

1 Like

Same set different backdrop - Sky customizes the set via a unique backdrop for every show.

Hes had 9 years to pick it up and hes still horrible