Sky News

That’s exactly what I had in mind…

1 Like

Always thought Ten should have tried that in the early 2010s as a point of difference to Sunrise and Today. Similar to what a lot of FOX stations for in the USA.

Could work but would require a bit of staff and a stand alone studio/control room in each city.

Could be done on the cheap with a team of young VJs.

4 Likes

Where does Sky’s obsession with nuclear energy come from? has 5 minutes gone past in the last month without mentioning it? The daytime, supposedly neutral, presenters are pushing hard now, and all the primetime guests are clearly briefed that they need to bring everything back to nuclear energy. Last night a woman brought it up during a discussion about the Rebel Wilson story.

1 Like

Katharine Murphy has a good twitter thread on nuclear. Pretty much hits the nail on the head why it’s an LNP/Sky talking point

2 Likes

There is no distinction between dayside and opinion prime time. They’re all part of the same propaganda machine. A media sub division of the liberal party.

4 Likes

I never bought this argument, because the same thing can be applied by CNN and their opinionated goons in their prime time line up. Don Lemon would be an excellent example of a liberal /democratic propoganda machine, which the argument is used by the US Republican party. From what I have seen of Sky News before I left Australia, the news reporting wasn’t too bad (and not biased) , but I suppose in order to get an understanding of what you are trying to say, I’ll have to go search for Sky News Australia news reporting or look at their website to understand your comment. Give me a few days. :dagger:

If you can’t stand to watch Sky News Opinion - after dark and after all these years, why do you put yourself through it? I don’t put myself through the CNN bias crap they dish out or Fox News, because i don’t like being fed lies and hypocrisy.(Fox News, CNN, MsnBC, Newsmax etc all do this!) I know it’s a media spy forum, and I get it, but if i were to put myself through watching any of those news channels for even the slightest of 10 minutes… I would have turned into darth vadar and conquered the galaxy by now.

I ask it becuase I am curious :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I don’t watch it but I just criticize it. I find it hilarious. I watch 5 mins from time to time to see the presenters hyperventilating about some nonsense they think is a serious issue.

My point is that there really is no distinction anymore between “serious” news dayside and prime time clap trap. And the network purports to be a serious news network when clearly it’s newstainment.

And CNN and MSNBC are quite fine. Hard to find the lies. And the cnn/msnbc aren’t texting the president to align strategy and plan insurrections and overturning election results. But again bias is in the eye of the beholder.

I think it’s best we agree to disagree.

1 Like

Wait what! Sky news not biased? BS

Oh I am happy to have the debate, I just think CNN and MSNBC have a lot of journalists on there with their own agenda, that I have noticed. I am not saying that all the journalists there are bad , but I can tell even like FOX News, they have somewhat pushed a narrative. I suppose that is the way it is.

I wasn’t having a go at you personally, sorry if it read like that. I do watch some news reporting on MSNBC and they are good, I just think there is subtleness in Cable news reporting that all of them do tend to lean to specific political parties, (of course, FOX News, NewsMax, are more blessed with these kinds of problems then CNN, MSNBC etc).

Chances are though there are some idiot in regional Australia and god forbid the metro city, who believe the hyperbubble that Sky News After dark fondles onto the public.

Okay, I will give you that. That is true, I won’t argue with that. :slight_smile: Maybe my original context of lie was a little harsh, so I am happy to withdraw.

I think our discussion has been harmless and I really enjoyed having a nice chat with you about this. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Amazing what a change of government will do.
Both the Howard and Turnbull/Morrison governments ran high level parliamentary enquiries relating to nuclear power that went nowhere.

Piers didn’t even make Foxtel top 20 ratings last night. When are they going to have to move it.

1 Like

I’m surprised they’ve persisted with it for this long considering it has little relevance to an Australian audience and doesn’t really resemble the “after dark” product Sky News viewers have become accustomed to.

1 Like

Contractual? I’m sure The Rita Panahi Show would love to return on Tuesday-Thursday nights.

2 Likes

No idea. I think its Rupert Murdoch’s love project. I’m sure local management want to move it out of primetime.

3 Likes

They could just show it live on Sky News Extra with a repeat in prime time at whatever time they like.
Could be the channel’s flagship show!

Please no. She’s just as bad. Oh yeah, doesn’t matter, it’s Sky, they’re all bad.

How good would proper 9:30 news bulletin be.

Extend PML an extra 30. And then do 30 mins of news with a star anchor. And then have Rita or Piers or whatever.

1 Like

I’m not sure if they’d be willing to risk a half hour of facts thrown in the middle of their after hours formula. Their target audience doesn’t have much of an attention span as it is.

3 Likes

The content of Piers is just so jarring. His top story is about boxing.