Sky News Regional

So Murray’s first hour is $2 shop and the second hour is premium.

1 Like

There wasn’t a lot of difference. Personally I think that the fish and chip shop and chequebook journalism of Channel Nine is more of a premium product and I don’t really rate that

1 Like

Haha, that’s a pretty funny joke

7 Likes

He also said the rules are different on FTA which means he can’t swear as much as he usually does in the first hour. For real.

5 Likes

Nah, first hour $2 Shop, second hour Reject Shop. Bit more upmarket but not by much :wink:

1 Like

I wonder how long that restraint lasts

1 Like

It’s a “News & Current Affairs” program exempt from classification, airing on a multichannel after 9pm. ACMA will dismiss any language complaints. But if a Western Australian viewer complains, where it’s in a 6pm or 7pm timeslot depending on the time of year…that might be upheld.

1 Like

Allegedly.

2 Likes

20180903_135944

6 Likes

$3 shop? :stuck_out_tongue:

Does he whip it out? :rofl: Maybe I’ll have to fire up Foxtel Now to see if he does. :rofl:

Not sure if their cameras have good enough zoom.

5 Likes

How can the graphics for FSN be so nice, and Sky’s be so shit. It’s a shame Sky didn’t use SNOW as an opportunity to re do all of their graphics and themes. First on the list, do away with the stupid Sky News Live name and go back to Sky News [little map of Australia]

3 Likes

Wide for the gut? Pepper and tweezers for between the legs? :rofl:

It’s a shame Paul has gone down the RWNJ path. He was good back in the FM radio days, and when he did a podcast with Rach Corbett.

2 Likes

It’s a mess. Should be Sky News, Sky Business, Sky Weather, etc.

FSN graphics have been in place since before they merged with ANC. You’d think they would have amalgamated the graphics by now .

I get the impression that the graphics are so it looks in line with Fox Sports rather then Sky News, despite the operator

2 Likes

Ironically Fox Sports moved to a new package this year for almost all of its programming (except for Football), meaning FSN graphics are only found on FSN. Even then the graphics have a few stylistic issues compared to when the channel was run by Fox Sports, there are some inconsitencies with transparency and the useful ticker was dumped.

1 Like

I listened to a talk (could have been a podcast) he gave where he said a lot of it is acting up to the expectation, the best description i’ve had for him is a rightwing version of Stephen Colbert (from the Colbert Report)

I thought they’ve been the same for a few years now? Was it just a refresh perhaps? I remember them dropping “Sports” then re-instating it soon after.

2018 FS

2017 FSN (Sky)

2016 FSN (Fox)

2016 FS
1 Like

its going to be interesting to see how WIN handles code of practice complaints for SNoW (and they’ll happen, I’ll bet London to a brick)

1 Like