Sky News Regional

Sky are going to have to work on improving how they do the opt-outs for shows which SNOW doesn’t show in full. Don’t know if anyone else saw it but the SNOW opt-out during PM Live was pretty messy

1 Like

Yeah I saw that. Paul quickly said “see you tomorrow” half way through a live cross.

2 Likes

or even on One in prime time

Would Wake Up Regional Australia have been a better title than Headline News? Front page tomorrow.

3 Likes

WIN viewers in Hobart and Canberra would probably say no.

2 Likes

I noticed one person on Twitter who is loving it.

1 Like

Headline News (capped from WIN Simulcast):

Cross to Tanya Dendrinos at WIN:

11 Likes

It looks like Sky are running the same ticker across Sky News, Sky News Extra, and SNOW. Sky Business and Sky Weather have their own tickers. I caught these as the minute flipped over so they’re roughly synchronised.

Sky News
Sky Extra
SNOW
Sky Weather

Sky Business

Sky Weather and SNOW seem to be slightly out of sync with each other. Watching breaks roll across them and SNOW seems to be slightly ahead as it lingers on the playoff before the break rolls and comes in to the next segment on time, whereas Sky Weather seems to get out to break on time and linger on a freeze frame at the start of the following segment.

1 Like

2 Likes

MPEG4 @ ~2.3 mbps. Over two minutes I saw the bitrate fluctuate between 1.1 and 3.8 mbps, averaging 2.3 mbps.

Captions seem to be missing. There’s a valid captions stream but no data in it. Captions working fine on the WIN SD/HD simulcast.

So what is WIN taking instead of the second hour of Paul Murray?

Must be a strong signal for the channel as I’m picking it up here in Melbourne on a DVB-T Stick connected to my home antenna but the quality is very poor.

Fox Sports News

Daybreak and Headline News are SNOW originals?

WIN’s All Australian News has to be captioned in WA as that program at 9:00am is a repeat of the screening on WIN’s main channel at 7:30am. So I wonder if the captions will suddenly appear.

Edit: No closed captions on All Australian News in Canberra, though the CC logo appeared in the top left hand corner.

No, they are both on Sky News Weather

1 Like

All Australian News airs without any Sky branding/ticker:
09_03_2018_11_05_0309_03_2018_11_05_0609_03_2018_11_05_1409_03_2018_11_05_1509_03_2018_11_05_3309_03_2018_11_05_4309_03_2018_11_07_3409_03_2018_11_07_49

1 Like

It’s not a separate signal just for Sky News on WIN. All of the WIN channels are on the same transmission – a single 7 MHz, 23 Mbps multiplexed signal with all of WIN’s channels. If you can get Sky News on WIN, you should be able to get all of the other WIN channels at the same signal quality. If you look at the channel name for LCN 8, it should give you an indication of where the signal you’re getting is coming from.

2 Likes

I don’t get the need to jump around programming - just run the channel in its complete form and opt out for AAN

As Paul said in his intro last night, the “premium product” is on Foxtel for viewers who want more.

1 Like