Sky News Regional

Lengthy promo dressed up as a news report aired tonight on WIN News:

1 Like

Looks horrific.

1 Like

If the schedule below it the best WIN can do in their "deal"with News Corp, they can stick it - offerings such as encores of Studio 10 would rate better or even Crawfords Classic

2 Likes

Is anyone else seeing lots of video glitches on 83? The other channels on WIN’s multiplex are fine. I’m 10km from the Mt Wellington tower in Hobart, so there shouldn’t be any signal issues on my end…

Wouldn’t be a reception issue if the other WIN channels are fine.

Currently staying in Northern NSW, here are some of the promos playing up here, only difference is its on Channel 53:

3 Likes

SNOW is airing same time “live” across each timezone. There is no delay.

Noted the regular Ten morning lineup airing on WIN WA followed by WIN’s All Australian News from 7.30am. Headline News only live from 4am in WA on SNOW.

Makes me wonder wouldn’t Headline News on delay on WIN WA from 6am rate better than The Talk/ET/WIN’s AAN which has no opportunity for stories from WA.

I agree to an extent, why can’t they delay Headline News, or even come in at 5am and air til 6:30am followed by AM Agenda then AAN at 7:30am could be a better option for WA. WIN could air CBS This Morning at 3:30am (1 hour earlier - similar to the half hour early for SA) to retain this program - and for those who are “concerned” about WIN losing an hour of infomercials between 3:30 and 4:30am under my idea, it can easily be shifted to 3:30am and replace the encore of The Late Late Show on 11. Programming could be delayed by 1 hour during daylight savings in the eastern states

I wonder if WIN QLD will delay Headline News by an hour in a months time when daylight savings commences or whether they will air CBS This Morning at 3:30am, Headline News at 5am followed by AAN at 7:30am

So does Sky News not have any news bulletins anymore?

Other than the so called Headline News program in the morning it’s just sports and opinion program repeats?

1 Like

They do in the morning and afternoons before 4 but SNOW is taking repeats and FSN instead for most of that. Will be interesting how they handle breaking news and cutting into and out of FSN

Loop promos updated to say “From Tomorrow”:

4 Likes

Am I right in thinking Saturday’s on SNOW is Fox Sports News between 5am-11pm?

Started 6am on the dot with Fox Sports bulletin, no welcome promos or anything:

2 Likes

Any welcome to Win viewers?

He welcomed viewers at the beginning of the bulletin.

Promos:

1 Like

Just did a channel rescan but there appears to have been no changes to the channels since earlier in Tas. My Fetch still picks it up as an “Unkown Channel” and I can’t view it without going directly to the number. Can’t record or anything on it and there’s no guide info.

However, all local ads which was interesting. They went to the adbreak and the majority of ads were all Tasmanian ones. Cripps bakery, FRM etc… mixed in with the program promos which have been in the loop and in the next ad break - Flying Doctors and Crawfords! (they’re everywhere!)

Watermark is “Sky News on WIN LIVE”.

I thought this channel was live across the country, but at 6:30 AEST there was a welcome for SA viewers, “who are joining us for the first time”.:thinking:

1 Like

Watching it in Sydney via WIN Wollongong (Knights Hill) I am wondering to how they will handle breaking news in between Fox Sport News and the talking heads at night.

The ads are interesting, all very rural, I have not seen an add for Wollongong yet.
Most for businesses in Wagga, Griffiths, Orange, Gunnedah and Canberra.

7:40AM here in Hobart, Tasmania. Picture is unwatchable, AV way out of synch and any sport pixelates and simply cant catch up. If this is it…Sky on Win will be a bomb in Tassie

1 Like