Sky News Regional

It should be noted there has been a recent sharp increase in Fox Sports News content during the week.

4 Likes

As i reported on TV Blackbox this morning, 9Life will not be available on WIN from July 1 but plans are in place for the channel to be added soon after. It is correct the current carriage agreement for SNOW expires in August. The new affiliate agreement does not include 9Rush.

9 Likes

Southern Cross might pick this up and add it to one of their channels?

1 Like

Hold on, so regional viewers lose 9Life AGAIN? Goodness me.

2 Likes

I would suggest Life will replace SNOW at the end of that agreement. It would cost WIN money to purchase equipment to add another channel to their various markets any earlier.

3 Likes

I would not mind betting Extra returns to the channel line up as TVSN will most likely return to SC

2 Likes

Why do you want a shopping channel lol

2 Likes

for the networks to make $$$$$$!

1 Like

You’ll never know when

1 Like

Nothing new - just a confirmation

7 Likes

I think the song below sums up the mood of many upon hearing that Sky News on WIN will no longer be a thing after July 1! :wink:

Although realistically, I somehow doubt this will be the very last time Sky News tries to get a FTA presence. I fully expect them to be back (most likely with a presence in the five main metro markets) at some point in the future.

3 Likes

Only lasted for 3 years.

2 Likes

About the only positive for WIN, I think, was that they had a breakfast news program, which Ten have been incapable of providing. I wonder if Headline News may now be axed, as it will probably be losing most of its audience.

4 Likes

Those who watch and enjoy it wouldn’t be impressed, those who don’t watch it don’t care, and I am sure there would be a few staff who’s positions will be shaky as a result who won’t be impressed.

Pretty much. But I’d be extremely surprised if Headline News rated any higher than Sunrise, Today or even News Breakfast in regional areas!

Realistically, how many employees of Sky News Australia only have their job as a result of SNoW’s existence?

Maybe a few (and I’m not particularly celebrating the unemployment of those who have nothing to do with the absolutely vile post-6pm output, let’s make that clear), but I would’ve thought the majority do contribute to other Sky News programming/channels in some way.

Even if it’s 2 that’s still 2 people’s livelihoods. You’d have to hope they’ll be redeployed.

2 Likes

There’s a good chance they’ll approach SCA. I’m sure they’ve established an audience (especially in regional Queensland) and would want to try and keep it. SCA don’t seem to mind spreading 24/7 religious propaganda - why not political propaganda too?

7 Likes

The SMH is reporting that Sky News in regional areas could possibly continue on another channel.

6 Likes

Caps from Headline News this morning.

Local weather update.

6 Likes

Is Headline News only shown on SNOW?

1 Like