Seven West Media

Channel 7 Perth Telethon has been around for more than 50 years and is the most successful charity in Australia

3 Likes

Perths Telethon per capita best in the world

3 Likes

Telethon 2019 will be held in mid-October

As been in October since 1969

2 Likes

It will be in 26-27 October.

1 Like

What’s with all these random comments about Telethon on Channel Seven Perth with fairly basic information that most Media Spy members even on the East Coast (really, I’m a Sydneysider and have been aware of its existence for years) would be aware of by now?

Also, Media Spy already has thread dedicated to discussion of Telethon on Channel Seven Perth. It can be found here.

4 Likes

The impending departure of Seven’s head of sport Saul Shtein is part of Seven’s wider restructure under new CEO James Warburton, which will include job cuts and creations of new divisions. About 50 staff members have already been cut from Seven in recent weeks.

1 Like

So adding that reported 50 figure to the already reported 150 (I think it was) with the closure of BCM’s operations, something like 200 staff have now been made redundant from Seven?

Not good.

1 Like

Not surprised. The share price is at an all time low compared to previous years.

1 Like
1 Like

There will be three new executives appointed in the future, including a chief content officer, chief marketing officer and chief digital officer. The digital and marketing roles are expected to be revealed soon.

In all (Seven CEO James) Warburton is seeking to strip $10 million from Seven’s television operations, which will result in significant redundancies, while he has told staff the company would be restructured into a new “flatter” regime comprising of eight divisions, with key executives reporting directly to Warburton, including a new content director in charge of the network’s programming.

EDIT: Seven’s new corporate structure

1 Like

Well not surprised given Sunday Nights performance. They could probably find some savings in their over bloated news department as well. The content they’re producing is sub par really in some of those bulletins they produce.

1 Like

Hopefully The Latest is safe. I believe it is one of the best news bulletins on commercial TV.

6 Likes

So if Seven is to do program launches in Melbourne, Brisbane and Adelaide, who is going to book local media and venues?

2 Likes

The new structure is certainly flatter and looks pretty good really. Interesting that they’ve got a new role of chief content executive that angus Ross will have to report to. Perhaps McGarvey who has the same role at ten will apply so she can fuck off from there and work at seven.

4 Likes

Maybe it’s cheaper to hire a PR-events company on an ad hoc basis.

3 Likes

I think its a great idea to consolidate the PR in … SYDNEY !!!

PR is just press releases and trailers, I don’t think most people watching Seven, will care either way.

Seven will still do their flashy promo launches but it will all be done in Sydney, so photos will still be paraded for new shows !

1 Like

Exactly, I think Seven will Seven will still do some PR events in Melbourne, like the Royal Melbourne Show.

1 Like

Yeah no. Might sound good on paper, but not in reality. Badddd move

1 Like

That’s not how publicity works

1 Like