Seven v Nine News Ratings Comparisons

Viewers in Sydney, seem to be slowly switching back to Nine News?

Could Rugby League coverage have something to do with that or just an Easter thing?

I certainly think it will be quite interesting to see what impact the appointment of Mel McLaughlin (and the demotion of Jim Wilson to weekends) has on the ratings of Seven News Sydney in coming weeks.

1 Like

I wouldn’t place too much weight on the Perth ratings any more - they were knocked out of whack late last year when Seven saw a very sudden, large increase just before summer. The sample pool in Perth obviously re-calibrated. :slightly_smiling:

Very little I’d say. No one in their right mind would sit through the other 40mins of the bulletin waiting for her to appear.

1 Like

I agree.

If anything, I wouldn’t be terribly surprised if the ratings of Seven News Sydney eventually shift in their favour on Friday/Saturday nights while Nine dominate on Sunday to Thursday. At least I hope that happens anyway…

I suspect we will see a sport preview introduced from Sunday (similar to Nine) and possibly even a new opener that incorporates sport/weather like the 4pm one (though obviously not as detailed).

1 Like

###Week 14 - Preliminary
Week 2 of Easter non-ratings

Colours indicate change from previous week - green is increase or no change, red is a decrease.

Weeks won - Ratings

Weeks won - Year

First win for 7 News Melbourne for the year

Big achievement from Melbourne. I expect we may see a few more weekly wins over the year.

7 News Sydney is also closing in.

###Week 15 - Preliminary

Colours indicate change from previous week - green is increase or no change, red is a decrease.

Weeks won - Ratings

Weeks won - Year

###Week 16 - Preliminary

Weeks won - Ratings

Weeks won - Year

Lot of green this week.

So @TV.Cynic who’s leading the 6pm News in A) national, B) Melbourne & C) Sydney so far for 2016 ratings year? :slight_smile:

Seriously? Look at the post directly above yours.

4 Likes

Seven have at least three Monday footy matches this year…

One already provided whopping 500k+ ratings for 6pm News in Melbourne.

Next is Anzac Day & then Queens Birthday.

Should give more massive boosts to Seven News & Seven’s shares :slight_smile:

1 Like

###Week 17 - Preliminary

Weeks won - Ratings

Weeks won - Year

Lot of red this week. Both Seven News and Ten News had their best week of the year.

Brisbane very close overall. Much stronger week for The Chase in Brisbane too.

###Week 18 - Preliminary

Weeks won - Ratings

Weeks won - Year

Public holiday, resulted in a lot of green this week. First weekly win for Seven News in Brisbane across the hour.

1 Like

Yes, the gap in Brisbane seems to have narrowed.

Melbourne and Sydney seem to be very constant week to week at the moment.

1 Like

###Week 19 - Preliminary

Weeks won - Ratings

Weeks won - Year

Sea of red this week.

###Week 20 - Final

Weeks won - Ratings

Weeks won - Year

With final numbers and rounding - a tie in the ratings for the full one hour of news - awarding a weekly win to both bulletins.

###Week 21 - Preliminary

Weeks won - Ratings

Weeks won - Year

1 Like