Seven v Nine News Ratings Comparisons

Remember who the main presenter of Nine News Melbourne is again, Sully? Last I checked he’s considerably more popular in the market than who Seven have on! :wink:

I think it’s a big success for Nine to have held wins in Sydney and Melbourne with tennis, that’s all i mean. With Seven seemingly having the opposite effect previously.

Week 4 2019 Preliminary

Weeks won - Full Year

Week 4 in 2018:

2 Likes

After bucking the trend on Seven’s recent years last week with Nine News winning Sydney and Melbourne, while holding a big win in Melbourne, Nine News lost Sydney.

Yep… just won Sydney. The Seven News brand is having a positive push with the introduction of The Latest, keeping the Local Afternoon News on air, and Sunrise. The Tennis helped Nine News in Melbourne.

1 Like

Nine News Sydney probably isn’t being helped by the recent presenter instability on Friday/Saturday nights.

The switch from Georgie to Deb worked OK but now both have moved onto Today, I can see Michael Usher starting to gain momentum on Friday/Saturday nights especially if Nine decides that someone like Mark Burrows is the right person to be Sydney’s main newsreader after Peter Overton.

Big win to 7News in Brisbane last night especially the first half hour.

Week 5 2019 Preliminary

Weeks won - Full Year

Week 5 in 2018:

1 Like

Seven news number are up on last years. Good to see some stability, rather than audiences shrinking.

1 Like

Seven News off to a good start in Brisbane, winning the first five weeks of 2019.

2 Likes

Yes, and the gap in Melbourne and Sydney is smaller.

1 Like

Week 6 2019 Preliminary

Weeks won - Full Year

Week 6 in 2018:

News ratings headed in the wrong direction last week. Networks will be hoping that tomorrow’s start to the “official” ratings period sees an improvement.

1 Like

Week 7 Preliminary

Weeks won - Ratings Year

Weeks won - Full Year

Week 7 in 2018

Not what networks would be hoping for for the first week of ‘official’ ratings, with another week where news ratings dropped in most markets.

Over the last 2 weeks both Seven and Nine are down by over 50,000 nationally. The bulletins are also down about 50,000 each from last year.

1 Like

Yes, not good. The drop off on year to year isn’t slowing down.

While I agree that the large fall in viewership for the news bulletins is concerning, what do people here think the networks should do to at least slow down the decline?

Its not just news, but free to air stations right around the country. Live sport and local news are the key for survival.

Another win to 7 I’m guessing?

Week 8 Preliminary

Weeks won - Ratings Year

Weeks won - Full Year

Week 8 in 2018

Slightly healthier numbers for some bulletins this week.

1 Like

Numbers still going down year on year

1 Like

Week 9 Preliminary

Weeks won - Ratings Year

Weeks won - Full Year

Week 8 in 2018

Lots of green and the falls were very small.

1 Like