Week 24 Preliminary

Weeks won - Ratings Year

Weeks won - Full Year

Rare win for Seven in Melbourne.

Week 24 last year:
Seven News 1,091,500
Nine News 1,038,500

1 Like

I’m sure Seven News Sydney will be pleased that they won the week during the 6.30pm portion, but at the same time a little dissapointed that their healthy full hour win on Tuesday and 6.30pm win on Wednesday wasn’t enough to snatch the week at 6pm/the full hour from Nine where the “countdown to 21 ratings weeks (and the year) on July 21” continues.

And a very healthy win for 7 in Brisbane.
Coincides with stronger ratings for H&A.

What a poor showing from Nine News this week, losing every market at 6:30pm and all but 1 at 6pm and more importantly overall.

Melbourne got a massive boost with AFL on Monday, but what happened in Sydney? Overton well off the boil, was tops just a year or two back

I think he’ll probably stay on the top for the future tbh.

1 Like

He’s still Sydney’s best anchor, Nine would be crazy to change anything, just a general observation on recent ratings

I’m more interested in the year by year comparison. The drop in viewer… makes you wonder how the networks are going to adapt.

1 Like

Given that Nine lost to Seven during the 2nd half of the bulletin, I wonder if a certain presenter on Nine News Sydney (who’s name isn’t Peter Overton or Cameron Williams) has gone off the boil over the last year or two against stronger competition. Just a thought…

Fergo has on occasions, been smashed by Pete in the ratings by margins many times more than the narrow 7,800 margin Seven News Sydney won the 6.30pm portion by this week.

Perhaps Darren Wick and/or Simon Hobbs might be losing a little sleep over how Seven outrated Nine at 6.30pm after nearly getting a 300k average (allbeit, fuelled by Origin) last week, but I’ve personally got more important things to worry about.

The 6pm news bulletins probably still have a few more years left in them before becoming totally irrelevant, however I think Seven and Nine will eventually position their online news products (like their website, apps and social media) ahead of their broadcast product…if that isn’t already starting to happen.

1 Like

It’s ok I think we can quote Neil Breen by name right :joy:

1 Like

Week 25 Preliminary

Weeks won - Ratings Year

Weeks won - Full Year

Week 25 in 2017:

Let me know if there is any interest in this format that shows each market’s result from last year.

This week in 2016 Nine News Melbourne averaged 400,000 for the hour - a rating that has not been surpassed by any bulletin since.

5 Likes

Seven must be happy with Brisbane (so far) thus year?

2 Likes

Yes I think Seven would be very pleased with Brisbane this year. Also Melbourne has considerably narrowed the gab. HSV7 may take out a few more weeks later in the year.

3 Likes

Blake Johnson winning Saturday too in Melbourne (last night and last week at least).

No offence, but keep Mike Amor posted in the US, where he started a family and knows it so well. Blake’s been at Seven for a long time how, has proved himself and is more than capable. Also fresh face and of a younger age

Looking like another win to 7 in Brisbane this week. 4/4 nights won so far with some clear margins.

Now 5/5

Week 26 Preliminary

Weeks won - Ratings Year

Weeks won - Full Year

Week 26 in 2017:

With half the calendar year over, Nine Sydney and Seven Perth cannot be beaten in weeks won, both having won 26 weeks.

3 Likes

Another win to Seven News Brisbane and leading the ratings survey. That’ll be good publicity if they can claim an east coast market, yes argument often made that Sydney and Melbourne are the biggest and focus, but Brisbane and even Perth are still significant markets.

2 Likes

I think Peter Mitchell’s job is secure.

1 Like