Seven Tennis Coverage

Meanwhile in the model Presenters forum, @Salty was returning.

“Matlock! Salty wants to get his rocks off!”

1 Like

Seven has Wimbledon for 3 more years until 2021 I believe.
Nine picks up Tennis Australia coverage from the next Davis Cup tie in September this year:-

The 7Tennis App dies in a few weeks, will be gone by end of August.

4 Likes

Who will host Seven’s Wimbledon coverage next year now that Todd Woodbridge has signed with Nine?

todd didn’t host this years wimbledom if I’m correct

Sorry, I mean whether Seven will provide its own commentators for Wimbledon next year or just rely on the BBC? Todd Woodbridge called one match per day.

Geoff Masters could co-host again easily with Michael Felgate or Jason Richardson or the like from a Seven studio? Or Geoff could go over?

That’s if Nine doesn’t sign him, though I suspect he’d be more freelance / secondary commentator like usual if on Aus Open anyway.

He was part of the world feed this year instead of calling for Seven

3 Likes

This deal always smelt a bit iffy

2 Likes

It stunk to high heaven. Was always corrupt and has proven so.

1 Like

Leaked email says Ten were strongly after the tennis, also Foxtel. How Seven got all this very confidential info is a disgrace. Send Mitchell and Healy to prison!

3 Likes

Correct me if I am wrong, but how has those involved at Seven got away with this, without any charges being brought upon them under competition laws?

3 Likes

Perhaps they’ve assisted the accc in their investigation.

1 Like

Correct me if I’m wrong or mistaken but wouldn’t the legal liability be on Mitchell and Healy for passing on the confidential information and not obliging with their fiduciary duties to Tennis Australia?

You can argue that… but what about the use or possible use of inside information? could open a can of worms if they look at who had “access” to this information as well as share trading etc

Still was the best deal for tennis at the time. Just need to look at the cricket deal now to see money isn’t everything. Uninterrupted FTA coverage for a month, the unknown with nine does scare me…

1 Like

Could you please elaborate?

Uninterrupted coverage throughtout January with two channels for the Open with multi court coverage online. The exposure was as good as we could hope for the game. Have no idea if Nine will do the same.

This time at least it makes sense to go to other channrls because seven were going for the cricket as well. I don’t trust Nine one bit and their coverage already sounds disappointing but we will wait and see.

More info on the corrupt dealings of Mitchell and Seven and how they shut out legitimate bidders. If there’s a stench here there certainly should be an investigation into the Fox/Seven Cricket rights which seem just as corrupt.

3 Likes

What can actually happen in either case now though? A handful of $200,000 fines and public backlash? Ten still get no major summer sport.

And anyone convicted will be disgraced with their reputation in tatters.

5 Likes