Seven Tennis Coverage

That’s unbelievable but I suppose there wasn’t much competition last night in primetime anyway. Even the cricket finished early yesterday too.

Given you suggested it would happen, yes I can.

9 Likes

I’ll spell something about for you: C A L M D O W N

13 Likes

I am trying to be nice here but I don’t need people like you acting like I’m a dumb person on here; that’s why I get frustrated. If @JohnsonTV bothered to scroll up he would have seen this so he didn’t have to speak to me as though I was completely clueless:

It is also the fact that he replied to me directly that I get this frustrated. So don’t tell me to calm down, just don’t do this in future and actually look to see if it has been mentioned elsewhere. Thank you.

Thought I had accidentally stumbled into a ratings thread for Saturday or perhaps an outshoot of the Seven PR department.

3 Likes

Actually MA can be shown from 8.30pm local time in Adelaide.

1 Like

These things happen all the time, people miss earlier posts and repeat things. In no way was Johnson talking down to you. You interpreted it as such which is unfair and easily grounds for being told to chill out.

The discussion about this ends here. If you wish to discuss it further you can do so in private with the moderation team.

12 Likes

@JohnsonTV has been around this forum for a very long time and l have never in that time read a post from him that disrespects other members.
You simply misinterpreted his post mate.

14 Likes

I came in to the forum late last night and missed Mitchell’s post. If I offended anyone in this thread I am sorry.

I wonder if tonight’s men’s doubles final will be shown on TV in WA? Usually WA gets Seven News and movies after women’s singles final.

2 Likes

It’s all good man. I don’t think WA will get the men’s doubles final if it is after the women’s final, since what you said is indeed scheduled from 7:30 onwards. In Perth I think it’ll go straight to the news immediately following the conclusion of the women’s final unless the final finishes extremely early. I hope the men’s doubles final will be shown on 7mate there in this scenario…

Hang on, I’ve just noticed that the tennis coverage is scheduled to end at 10:30 AEDT anyway, so Perth’s coverage should include the mens doubles final too, you would think?

Why do Seven even schedule the telecast for a 10:30pm AEDT finish, when the women’s match itseelf could potentially go after that time?

Let alone the Men’s Doubles Final.

Better than backpedalling and filling the gap when it finishes early?

It’s looking like it will finish early, the way Wozniacki’s going at the moment…

Steady on, the match only started 25min ago.

It’s now 2-4

Okay, I could see signs at the start that Wozniacki was looking the superior one but now Halep has eased in a bit.

1 Like

It ended up in a tie-break, I’d say spectators getting their money’s worth tonight. Some speculator shots/rallies too.

2 Likes

This must be the longest women’s final for a while, Seven will be very happy.

4 Likes

I haven’t been able to watch a ton of tennis this week, but at least for tonight’s women’s final, ESPN were back to using their own box graphic versus using the world feed one all of last week.

1 Like

It was one of the best women’s final in many years l think, amazing tennis from both players.
Normally when Serena is the final it’s over very quickly. lol

3 Likes

Well, it’s after 10:30 AEDT now and we are only just having the presentations for the women’s final now with the match only just finishing 15 minutes ago and Caroline Wozniacki winning. What will happen with the men’s doubles match? I wonder what’s going to happen in Perth regarding this?

Edit: It would appear as though Perth is still going to show the men’s doubles final. 8:05 AWST and still no sign of any news.

There will be an encore screening of tonight’s epic women’s singles final tomorrow morning at 10 AM on 7mate. Also from 10 AM Monday morning on 7mate, there will be an encore screening of both the women’s final and the men’s final.

Yep, Perth’s showing the men’s doubles final. So this could set a record for the latest time the news has shown in Perth? To be honest, I think the news should have been shown at 3:00 this afternoon at the same time as Sydney and Melbourne’s news before the tennis coverage started rather than leaving it this late.

Seven News Perth started at 9:45 PM AWST