Interesting SCA have an Automation Pilot job advertised in Launceston at present:
- Co-ordinate control room functions, providing leadership and supervision of co-pilot and other technical crew.
- Maintain, review and check daily rundown and automation functions in coordination with the line producer to ensure smooth broadcast operations.
- Monitor and manage Mosart graphical user interface and associated production software, such as Maestro and Quantel.
- Create and manage iNews and Mosart templates.
- Edit video elements for the daily news, including headlines, teases and promos
- Perform and manage audio, and ingest functions
Sounds like a Vis Mosart /iNews shop similar to what Seven use on the mainland.
You don’t see TV ops jobs advertised in Launceston very often.
Peter Murphy presented weather tonight
Louise Houbaer is now on maternity leave. Nick Kelly presented weather tonight. Bizarre he didn’t present sport as well.
Who is expected to replace her?
I think they just roll a dice to decide who does what.
Kim Millar just closed the bulletin (after being thrown under the bus by Murph for Black Friday indulgence!) that Michael Maney is returning to our screens to present the weekend bulletins while Lou is on maternity leave. Not a bad choice and another blast from the past like when Kim returned after Jo left.
I would’ve expected Ruby Cairns or Mark Zita.
Imagine if they brought Jo Palmer back to present on weekends while Louise is on maternity leave.
Unlikely to happen with the political conflict of interest now.
Michael Maney on the desk doing maternity fill for Louise.
Is he a reporter normally?
No, he used to be at the station in years gone by though.
Why is his chair so low down?!
Michael seems visibly nervous and repeatedly stumbling over the autocue. Great to see him back on our screens and hopefully he has a better bulletin tomorrow!
She’s a state government minister, absolutely no chance
A few stumbles, but I’ve enjoyed him. Oddly comforting to watch.
Great choice to have Michael fill-in for Lou
Yeah, definitely seemed like a few first night nerves but great to have him back on our screens again. Can’t remember where he went off to a few years ago, think it was Adelaide or Darwin or something but looking forward to seeing how he’s going once he’s settled back in again.
7 Tas did a live cross with Governor Barbara Baker tonight
Unusual to see these crosses outside of the occasional chat with the Premier (I think last time was in May for the AFL team announcement). Cool to see.