Seven (Southern Cross)

I have. Watch any Ramsay show after the BBL, full of 7FN ads.

2 Likes

Have seen the new 7 promo for the year with all the personalities several times today on 7 Tasmania. Absolutely no changes, includes all the Melbourne news team (who we don’t see) and the tagline “Melbourne’s Favourite” at the end.

3 Likes

What the…? Is there another playout issue at SCA?

1 Like

Why not just keep using the “You’re In My Heart” pillow promo until/if they film an updated one?

1 Like

Report to the contact service on SCA’s website quick!

1 Like

The Tasmanian version has now been released, just shared on the Nightly News 7 Tasmania facebook page (still a mouthful!). As predicted it has the News team in there replacing the Melbourne ones and a couple of logos missing from that shot - only 7, 7Two, 7Mate and 7plus. Also ends with Tasmania’s Favourite.

6 Likes

There’s a big 2019 coming your way here on 7 Tasmania - Lead by MKR on January 29.

As mentioned in the Seven presentation thread they seem to have got the date wrong!

Do we ever think Southern Cross (in the near future) may sell out to Seven?

I don’t think so.
Correct me if I’m wrong but last I remember, 7 said they weren’t interested in buying them out (it could’ve been with Prime/GWN)

Prime approached Seven and Seven said no.

2 Likes

I doubt it. Affiliation is a continuous revenue source for Seven with none of the responsibility (staff, infrastructure, sales, etc.)

5 Likes

Does Southern Cross get any benefit in their agreement from promoting 7plus?

1 Like

There would also have to be some doubt about the financial viability of regionals if not their existence.

All the networks have their own live streaming services effectively by passing their affiliates.

While I don’t think they’ll disappear soon… Long term with the NBN and alternative sources of local news there’s just no reason for them to exist in the long term.

1 Like

My guess is no but instead a requirement in the affiliation agreement.

1 Like

I just saw a 7 cricket promo with all the Tassie news crew, did anyone capture it?

2 Likes

Was it this one?:

The Tasmania “Faces” Ident:

The Darwin “Faces” Ident:

Generic Idents:

Billboard:

CSA:

9 Likes

Do “(the) Spencer Gulf’s Favourite” and “Central (Australia)'s Favourite” exist?

4 Likes

Seven Tasmania’s schedule next Wednesday (January 30) when other states have the premiere of Undercurrent:
07:00pm My Kitchen Rules
09:00pm Criminal Minds (repeat double)
11:10pm The Latest: Seven News

1 Like

Interesting!
Any reason the show is not being shown in Tas?

Legal reasons, because the program is about the murder of a man in Tasmania and an appeal case is still before the courts there.

Because of that, Seven Tasmania will likely air Undercurrent at a later date.

4 Likes