Seven (Southern Cross)

It would be better if they remained on-brand and used the exact same music as the network, but even just using the network Sponsor Billboard graphics is still better than the generally awful Sponsor Billboards produced in-house by SCA (and their predecessors) over the years.

2 Likes

These old style ones still slip through every now and again on SC9. Most of the time we have the proper Nine graphics, but every now and again the old style will reappear

1 Like

They probably don’t bother updating them for their long term sponsors.

:thinking::man_shrugging:

4 Likes

Uh oh.

4 Likes

Looks like there could be further graphics changes too.

4 Likes

An ad for 7Food Network just showed during Bride and Prejudice (don’t judge - I only watch it for the ads… as proven here!) on Channel 74 from December 1st… more of a mistake than actually coming though I believe.

These errors wouldn’t have happened when it was Southern Cross!

1 Like

Hah, we’ll probably start seeing a lot more of them plus actual 7food promos post-launch. That blue Sponsor Billboard I posted above was actually covering a 7food launch promo (probably the same one you saw) with the last split second of it leaking through.

2 Likes

Original 2007-2010 SCTV HD logo:
Southern_Cross_Television_HD_logo

Lasted a extra month + only available in Tasmania and Darwin.

Taken from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GocbPmj7xDU

2 Likes

It seems it wasn’t just Regional QLD that launched 7HD today, I found this online.

9 Likes

Where online??

Nice find @NQCQTV2. Big day!

I’m sure @Willwalk will be happy to hear that, if he’s around.

They still need DDT/Ten Darwin to make the switch for the market to join the metros, aggregated regional markets and Tasmania in being one with all main HD channels (and SBS VICELAND) being in MPEG4, doubt that will happen anytime in the foreseeable future though.

3 Likes

So Tasmania has 7HD, followed by Northern NSW/Southern NSW, Victoria (Prime), 7QLD and Northern Territory has commenced its 7HD operations. What about Central and Remote Australia?

1 Like

How about where they sourced it from? SCA’s media releases turn up nothing

Or the gts/bkn and regional WA areas?

And South East/Riverland (SES/RTS) viewing areas in regional SA via WIN Television.

Actually I do not reside in Darwin. I now reside in the eastern suburbs of Sydney where it’s cooler.

Good to see Darwin TV progressing ahead though Hopefully DDT HD will be next

1 Like

Well if its confirmed SCA7 Darwin has gone HD AND 7QLD have dumped 7SD altogether… then these areas may see 7 in HD sooner than expected. GWN7 may struggle but GTS/BKN and WIN monopoly areas not so much