Seven Regional

Well there you go. Good move. Slowly but surely, MPEG-2 is one step closer to being eradicated.

9 Likes

Hopefully in about five years time, all Australian FTA TV channels will be in MPEG4.

Even better still if most, if not all channels in the OzTAM ratings are available in HD. While no expert on the subject, I would’ve thought it’d be possible to get four reasonable quality MPEG4 HD channels on a multiplex if MPEG2 SD simulcasts are dropped.

2 Likes

thats if Win9 upgrades 9gem to HD ? by then lol

2 Likes

Hopefully it encourages them to! Especially in non-AFL states where NRL is 100% on 9Gem.

3 Likes

NRL is on 9HD here in a non-AFL state/territory, so assume you meant it’s on 9GEM in AFL states.

1 Like

Sorry, yes I did.

2 Likes

Probably more like 95% of the time too. Some Friday night Storm games and the finals are on 9 in Victoria. State of Origin is also on 9 in all non-NRL states, except maybe WA due to the timezone if anything. Assuming it was 9Gem last night over there?

2 Likes

I was looking forward to 7mate going HD, but I feel it’s not happening.

3 Likes

7mate on Prime is very soft compared to the stream on 7plus. It would be great if Prime changes it to HD sometime today.

3 Likes

Considering the softball has started, it’s not looking promising.

3 Likes

Prime has the Olympic rings on their overnight home shopping.

7 Likes

What time does Prime7,s 7mate become HD

1 Like

regional nsw, there is no way that it is HD at all

just watched PRIME news for the first time in a long long time, they really need to update their graphics and that set. it just looks very very cheap. otherwise it wasn’t too bad

5 Likes

Filings have confirmed that Waislitz and Catalano have bought another 3 per cent of PRT from Bruce Gordon. I would expect this to continue every six months for the next two years.

Its hard to see the rules changing quickly either - talk about a slow boat!

1 Like

just out of curiosity, has anyone got the Sunrise on 7 Qld breakaway for news? would like to see if its clunky or seamless…

I’m sure regional is getting the same feed as Brisbane for the news on Sunrise. Are there many/any regional stories on these “local” news bits (knowing the regional stations are also Seven O&O)?

2 Likes

Which 7mate PRG do you prefer?

• Prime7 version
  • 7 version

0 voters

3 Likes