Seven On-Air Presentation

Instead of a full screen transition network promo at the end of a program (as capped above), this is a split-screen in-program one for a single channel (i.e.) Sunday Night and still with a countdown clock, as seen at the end of AGT

5 Likes

Another one (9:02pm tonight at the end of AGT)

(this aired on Seven in 2011)

4 Likes

Brisbane has changed over to using NPC on-air now. Another thing to note is that 7HD now has 5.1 surround sound audio and that all SD channels have also now gotten small black bars on either side of the picture to save on bit-rate.

10 Likes

Looks like regional as well

2 Likes

Opacity of the 7 watermark has increased with the change; HD part has decreased - comparison:

Today

Yesterday

Watermark is also slightly lower

7 Likes

What’s with the channels thinking adding black bars is ok?

3 Likes

5 Likes

It’s a consequence of dropping the aspect ratio from 720x576 to 704x576 - a change in pixel size if I’m not mistaken. Means a small saving in bandwidth which Seven can benefit from given how full their multiplex is.

It’s not a new idea either - while it’s only starting to creep into Australia, you’ll find services in the UK running at an aspect ratio as low as 544x576 flagged at 16:9!

5 Likes

I’d also imagine that many viewers wouldn’t even notice the black bars since they’d likely be hidden on most TVs with overscan.

1 Like

Generally, yes - some devices vary though, which is a downside (on top of the lower resolution)

2 Likes

Ekka-themed Brisbane ident

4 Likes

Oh wow, they butchered that song.

1 Like

Couple more

4 Likes

I miss their old glossy watermark.

1 Like

Major play-Out error at start of Simpsons on 7mate. Abruptly cut opening theme to promos of Friday Night Football 7HD and Mrs Doubtfire movie 7mate, now glitchy ads including Nespresso and Toyota :confused: Ping: @WAtvVideos (7:30 ep). Great start NPC!

edit

Strangely nope, looks like done intentionally. These new broadcast editors / ad placement schedulers (or whatever staff at NPC for Seven’s team are responsible) have NO CLUE… Take a look like I said where the ad was positioned. Capital F A I L.

3 Likes

Similar in QLD - credits for Simpsons cut short then promos and adverts before the program starts. BTW the AFL finals advert seemed more applicable for Victoria.

5 Likes

Some good news about NPC…

They’re now updating the EPG live! EPG said first Simpsons ep would finish at 8pm, went 2min over, they corrected EPG to 8:02pm :slight_smile: Great for viewers. Nine used to do it until recently but no longer.

Hopefully it doesn’t become a regular thing though, as Seven were always the best (along with ABC and SBS) at being spot on with scheduled EPG (excluding live events).

I wonder if NPC have operators monitoring tonight particularly? As before they corrected EPG, they aired the 7mate ‘dog’ placeholder filler ident, like they knew they were behind schedule and were onto it?

PS: Second Simpsons ep also had bad ad timing, again after opening theme :rage:

1 Like

(The classification bug after ad breaks also looks glossier and with white borders like the ACB ? Will try to find a larger classification warning to confirm)

3 Likes

New classification warning (classifications now like the ACB with white borders. Consumer advice still ‘swooshes’ from the left, but no fading traditions, just sudden disappear - same when the classification disappears)

New closed caption bug (bigger)

Also, the watermarks no longer fade in/out at end/start of programs, especially noticeable on 7flix which used to do so, as each program immediately commences into the next with no promos/idents/sponsor boards. Watermark always on now (except during ad breaks).

And, the multi-transition promo with background music (as capped the past week or two) at the end of the 7:30pm show (around 8:40pm tonight) is still airing. At the end of “The Celebrity Chase” it had “Bridget Jones: Edge of Reason > 7flix”, “Always Greener > 7Plus app” > “Cheat premiere starts in [seconds] > 7”

1 Like

So the closer for The Celebrity Chase is totally different to the original 5pm show leading into the 6pm news.