PRG:

5 Likes

Caps from Seven Perth - Saturday 2/8/1997

‘Perth’s home with Seven’ Ident:

PRG:

Promo Endtags:

'Must See Sunday (3rd Rock From The Sun) Promo:

6 Likes

With thanks to @Zampakid, some more caps which this time are from Sydney and September 7, 1996.

Another version of the original “Everyone’s Home” Idents:

Promo Endtags:

I suppose the most noteworthy among this batch are a “Smiling” version of the Today Tonight Sydney Promo Endtag with Helen Wellings (compared to the more “Serious/Concerned” look seen earlier) and one for Talk To The Animals at 5pm which was probably the replacement for Seven’s short lived 5pm bulletin with Peter Ford & Naomi Robson.

Speaking of the news, here’s another promo for the Sydney 6pm bulletin (with the official 2000 Olympics logo launch being the biggest story of the time):

As far as I’m aware, this weeknight News/Sport/Weather presenter lineup only remained intact for a full year. Adam Digby would move to weekends for Brian Bury (who was Sydney’s weeknight forecaster from January 1997 to October 1998 - by the time Digby returned to weeknight forecast, he would’ve been handing back to both Ross & Ann at the desk!), while I believe that Neil Brooks replaced Gary Wilkinson on Sport. That said, I’m pretty sure that Gary Wilkinson was a weekend/fill-in newsreader for Sydney until Chris Bath was promoted to that position?

Anyway, there’s one last thing of interest from the recording and it’s this brief “You’re Watching Channel Seven” Ident before the “Next” Promo which I presume was from a network personality of the time:

Can anyone put a name to this person? My best guess is that it’s an actress from Home & Away.

4 Likes

That’s Isla Fisher. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Channel Seven Adelaide - Sunday 2/6/1996

Idents:

Home Alone 2 Break Bumper:

PRG:

Subtitles Unavailable notice scroll:

Promo Endtags:

The Drama’s Promo:

7 Likes

While the caps are obviously much appreciated as always, shouldn’t that batch be in this thread (which probably should be renamed as “Seven On-Air Presentation 1995-96” with this one being “Seven On-Air Presentation 1996-98”)?

2 Likes

I would’ve posted it on the other thread, but seeing this particular airing was using the 1996-98 styled Movie Opener I thought I’d post it on this thread.

2 Likes

Ahh, fair enough. I guess the Movie Openers for this look launched before other elements!

2 Likes

Channel Seven Sydney - Thursday 4/7/1996

Lineup:

Atlanta Olymoic Games Ident:

The Midday Movie Opener:

PRG:

Seven Nightly News Scroll:

Promo Endtags:

Weekdays Promo:

11 Likes

“We’ll appear in this promo end tag…totally nude!”

5 Likes

That’s the only shot of Sevens short lived “Seven News @ Five” bulletin I’ve seen. Good find.

5 Likes

Also appears to be from the short period in which Deeksy hosted Family Feud

3 Likes

There was a crawler for what’s coming up on Seven Nightly News during daytime programming

1 Like

Was a lottery show sponsored by the Lotteries Commission (now Lotterywest). The late Chris Mainwaring was the host of the Perth version. Adelaide had its own version of Telespin.

1 Like

Channel Seven Adelaide - Monday 17/11/1997

The Monday Movie Opener:

Dumb and Dumber Break Bumper:

PRG:

Adelaide’s Home with Seven Ident:

Promo Endtags:

5 Likes

Almost the end of the ratings year aside, who would have thought that Seven ever attempted to air King of the Hill at a 7:30pm Sunday timeslot when years later they either burned off episodes during late morning daytime or late night.

4 Likes

I remember watching this regularly in its weekday afternoon timeslot when they’d run episodes for months at a time. Unfortunate networks don’t do this anymore with the wastelands much of their daytime schedules now are.

haha i remember King of the Hill coming out, mum said no to my sister and i watching it (we were 5 and 10 at the time) but we did anyway lol

Everyone’s or (insert city’s name here) Home with 7. Great jingle that was.

1 Like

The second version of SAS7’s ‘Adelaide’s Home’ ID.

Screen_Shot_2020-03-19_at_11.52.17_am

4 Likes