Seven & Ten News (SCA)

I like it, despite the Arial font. It’s a bit odd they’re using one just for sport and that it’s not opaque red like their update watermark.

2 Likes

It was just for the one story, was used instead of the Exclusive one I guess. It was including footage of a training session from the Circular Head Giants (in Smithton) where they had training last night prior to a meeting where they pulled out of the competition for the year and possibly may fold for good after 100 years. Tom Johnson was doing live crosses from there yesterday for sport, not sure how WIN covered it but 7 Tas did a fair bit of coverage for it.

1 Like

WIN had Brent Costelloe do a 2 min + piece about the team pulling out along with a netball team (Burnie maybe?) pulling out of the State League competition. WIN had footage from something, Im not sure what exactly.
Seems that Tassie does exactly the same thing as its’ mainland counterparts in that they scream exclusive when they don’t really have an exclusive.

1 Like

Casey started the week before. i think she did Thursday and Friday

For anyone interested in SCA’s Hobart setup.

9 Likes

It’s only a matter of time that full production moves to Hobart.

2 Likes

Yeah… nah. Why do you say that? It’s still switched through Launceston.

If they replaced the Hobart light box with a generic “Nightly News” logo, they could do a wide opening shot for the GTS/BKN news and essentially replicate the Tasmanian bulletin shot-for-shot.

Whoever’s directing/producing the GTS/BKN news must still be living in Canberra…

2 Likes

7 Tasmania news weather segment that went to air last night was rather interesting

21 Likes

I wonder if they’ll hvae to mention that tonight with an apology for “friggin oath”.

Oops, can just imagine the control room as that one went to air!

6 Likes

I reckon haha bit of a stuff up, probably forgot to record a new file to server and resumed recording off the tail of the stuff hence why the countdown aired. I reckon they were saying more that friggen oath in the control room haha.

2 Likes

Haha, that’s absolute gold!

Thought about sending that one to the ABC’s “Media Watch” program? Because I reckon they’d love to use it for their online-only “Media Bites” program! :smiley:

6 Likes

Yes already done haha to media watch

3 Likes

I was going to send that one in plus their one from the night before “WORLD IN MORNING” about NZ. Not having a good week!

2 Likes

haha I must of missed that one, there is often ones like that I find. I remember another recently saying Police Minster too which is prob a simple typo. Overall they do a good job at polished news but occasionally see the odd slip up which is probably down to needing more time getting bulletin to air.

1 Like

Louise Hedger presented Spencer Gulf news lastnight

2 Likes

Tasmania’s weather blunder made it onto Media Bites. :joy:

But they called it “Seven News”… :joy:

4 Likes

Yep, May have sent the whole bulletin to prove it was aired that way haha. Hilarious still.

3 Likes

Casey Treloar presented her last Spencer Gulf Nightly News bulletin tonight. She is moving back to SA to join 7 News Adelaide.

Whyalla reporter John Hunt has been announced as her replacement and will join Louise Hedger in the host position.

2 Likes

Why mention Hobart in the post?

5 Likes