Seven & Ten News (SCA)

That, and no opening shot of the set. Boxing Day also had the backdrop frozen for some reason.

Ok, while I’m waiting for a few of the videos to sort themselves out, here’s some of the caps from the scenic shots after the first ad break and the three sports grounds just before sport - Bellerive Oval (Hobart), York Park (Launceston) and West Park (Burnie). Doesn’t look like Devonport Oval or any other sports grounds feature.

The sports grounds:

5 Likes

Here’s one video, sorry about the last bits of the IGA ad at the beginning. This was from the Christmas Eve bulletin and contains Peter Murphy showing off some green screen wardrobe issues, the Santa Tracker™ with the local aspect from what looks like Launceston Airport (even though I believe Air Traffic Control is actually from Melbourne, so it could be from there) and then what I got of the closer.

Montage of the Christmas Day bulletin:

2 Likes

How much of the Launceston set is replicated in Hobart? Presumably no further than the vertical perspex side panels?

1 Like

7 News Tasmania played a blooper reel at the end of tonight’s news did anyone get it recorded?

Just uploading it now!

1 Like

And here it is! The ending to tonight’s 7 Tasmania News with special fireworks effects at the end which were pretty cool!

8 Likes

That’s the funniest sneeze I’ve ever heard! :joy:

1 Like

That’s what I said. The clip with Jo saying what she said about Mundine had a woman from Sydney saying it was very unprofessional on Facebook but it was quite funny. Don’t think I have the recording still though. She said her comment and then she regretted it and said ‘I probably shouldn’t say that’.

1 Like

Swap Mundine for any sports team ever and it’s not so ‘unprofessional’ is it? People are so sensitive.

2 Likes

I See Seven Tasmania Reporter Jessie Gilmour has been Doing the Weather Three Nights in a Row, Has Britt Allen Left the Station Of Sort?

A 7 Tasmania Exclusive!

6 Likes

Should be a “Nightly News Exclusive”!! :rage:

2 Likes

Prime7 has done like that in their “National” News for NSW bulletin markets. They take the clean “exclusive” ones and covers up the “First on 7 News” with the “First on (insert Prime7 logo).” Don’t know why the reporter faced the 7 Tasmania mic on the camera, though.

Louise Hedger presented again, I assume from Hobart. Didn’t check the beginning to confirm. It was also the first time that her and Peter Murphy have been on the same bulletin.

Also, Rachel Williams had her 8th anniversary since her return to Southern Cross News which would mean it’s been 8 years since Kim Millar left.

As mentioned in the Seven cricket thread, Tom Cooper is the boundary rider for the Big Bash game tonight as the commentary team couldn’t get there.

It seems like a great product 7 Tasmania put to air, put yeah they should have just called it 7 Tasmania News.

Or Southern Cross 7 News. Keep the legacy of the iconic brand and introduce the new brand as well. Problem solved.

1 Like

Why? The channel is called 7 Tasmania now, that defeats the purpose of the rebrand.

Tell that to NBN, who still has troubles branding their bulletin as ‘NBN News’ even though 99% of the station is called Nine.

Some people can’t get over the fact that iconic brands will be eventually eliminated (especially in the current TV landscape). By naming it SC7 News, both sides win. New brand will flow through easily as loyal viewers tune in to an iconic brand night after night.