Seven & Ten News (SCA)

7 Central version. Map is zoomed out to include all of Central’s footprint:

4 Likes

If only they could use the Seven news music like Prime7 does. It already looks 100x better than before and it would only get better with proper Seven music.

2 Likes

If they’re not going to use the Seven theme, I think the SA theme would be the perfect replacement to the old noodle update sting.

3 Likes

Does it show Tasmania, part of which is in the 7 Central licence area?

1 Like

Good find. Drawing up a scathing letter to SCA executives right now. :smile:

Surprised the Tassie team let it go to air like that actually.

3 Likes

Tonight’s Evening updates:

11 Likes

How long have Southern Cross been producing these local 7 news Updates in Darwin?

1 Like

Who writes these things?

“I’ll see you in a little bit with more news”
Not to mention saying “Hi” at the start.

And the production values on the 7 updates are just awful.

They could easily be so much better.

5 Likes

I’m sure the 3 viewers they have in Tasmania are outraged at being left out :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

At least 5 years now, as Southern Cross news updates up until a month ago.

What do you guys think of Alex Sykes?

Do the updates on SC7 Tasmania and SC7 GTS/BKN have the same branding and backdrop? I assume Alex doesn’t do the 7 Tas updates as she would then be appearing on both 7 and 9 in that market…

I thought Darwin and Central had shared news updates (or is this still the case, but these recordings are different bulletins)? The cities on the weather map are identical.

I haven’t seen many Central updates, but they seem very NT-centric. What’s the chances of a story from Weipa or Ceduna featuring?

On the eye? :ok_hand:

She’s pretty good as a presenter. Intros need work obviously, and she still comes across as new to the role, but I think she’s on the right track. Quite professional.

5 Likes

Still miss Jared Cootsy and Sammy Hunt :tired_face:

2 Likes

New to the role?
Alex has been newsreading in one form or another for over 18 months.

Compared to a year ago, this is infinitely better. Still some tweaks to be made, but the shift to Hobart, and fresh minds, have done the world of good.

7 Likes

I said she comes across as new to the role.

[quote=“Si-Co, post:1566, topic:239”]
Do the updates on SC7 Tasmania and SC7 GTS/BKN have the same branding and backdrop? I assume Alex doesn’t do the 7 Tas updates as she would then be appearing on both 7 and 9 in that market…[/quote]

All SC7 Tas updates are still the usual Southern Cross News updates from Launceston (and sometimes Hobart) as they have been forever so no changes yet. Whether there’s a change to the branding and the removal of the Southern Cross brand coming soon I don’t know.

One thing I have noticed though is that even with the change to 7, the station is still referred to as Southern Cross when people are talking about it or if things are being discussed on the radio about them. I think that being unable to change the news at the time to 7News Tasmania as they had hoped really hindered their rebrand chance for the full overhaul.

2 Likes

The Tasmania updates are done by Jo and the Launceston team. They don’t look like the Darwin updates, they match the main bulletin.

Abby Donaldson does the GTS/BKN bulletin and updates from Hobart. The graphics haven’t yet been updated to either the Darwin or Tasmania looks.

4 Likes

Abbey

Canberra.

3 Likes