Seven & Ten News (SCA)

Noodle updates on 7 Central are now using the generic Nine-inspired ‘Local News’ opener. But they still show the SC logo on supers and OTS. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

…but still with the “Ten-inspired” theme music, I’m guessing?

Yep, same music.

I don’t know if I’d call it Ten-inspired. The old title cards certainly were, but the music seems pretty generic.

Whoops. :joy:

15 Likes

Did it drop live on air?
Did they fix it?

1 Like

I know I’m being dim, but what’s with the “Whoops” ?

1 Like

Because that went to air before it was able to be fixed after the first story or during the first break? :thinking:

1 Like

Oh, I see it now!! #slowasawetweekend

2 Likes

Happens to the best of us. :joy::+1:

1 Like

From back in late July.

4 Likes

There was a report on tonight’s bulletin from Paul Kadak which actually included Tasmanian aspect to it. It was about childcare workers going on strike later this week affecting hundreds of centres across Australia and including 11 in Tasmania. Then it included some Tasmanian footage and an interview with someone from the union about a protest occurring on Parliament Lawns in Hobart later in the week.
Apart from that it certainly appeared as a national report. Ordinarily when we’ve had stories like that it would have done the same but would have had Melbourne or Sydney figures in it. Is this a shift to closer synergy between Seven News and Southern Cross News? Could the Seven News switch happen after all one day?

4 Likes

Do they need some more lights in the studio.

6 Likes

Amy Stevenson has left SCA. I wonder who’s presenting the TDT updates now? Probably Abbey Donaldson.

Not sure where my post from yesterday went but it is Tamara Strachan.

See if you can find what else is wrong in the following cap!

6 Likes

Surely they’d be laughed off the air if that went to air in Tassie?

6 Likes

It went to air alright, in the update between The Block and True Stories. I’ll record it and upload.

3 Likes

Oh my, that really is substandard.

Sent the cap to Media Watch and I’ve just sent the video, will hopefully be in tomorrow’s Media Bites!

Here’s the upload video, sorry the recording cut out early during the weather. Bonus question, anybody know what an “establement” is?

3 Likes